Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6570
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

#16

Post by Pawpaw » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:47 pm

TreyHouston wrote:THINK ABOUT IT, that is 2 $5,000 bills walking around! ....NEW GUNS FOR HIM!
:headscratch
Authorities had offered a $130,000 reward for information leading to their arrests.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


Topic author
steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1374
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

#17

Post by steveincowtown » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Not a word about it on NBC tonight. L A M E
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

#18

Post by TreyHouston » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Pawpaw wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:THINK ABOUT IT, that is 2 $5,000 bills walking around! ....NEW GUNS FOR HIM!
:headscratch
Authorities had offered a $130,000 reward for information leading to their arrests.
WOW! I bet every bounty huner was looking for 'em! $130,000 will definitely buy a couple of guns!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1454
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

#19

Post by Lynyrd » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:30 am

Here is an article from Tennessee about the man who held the convicts for LEO to arrive. Not quite the story I was expecting.

http://fox17.com/news/local/tennessee-h ... -surrender
Do what you say you're gonna do.


WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1931
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

#20

Post by WTR » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:17 am

Lynyrd wrote:Here is an article from Tennessee about the man who held the convicts for LEO to arrive. Not quite the story I was expecting.

http://fox17.com/news/local/tennessee-h ... -surrender
He was extremely fortunate. I sure would not want to rely on him to protect one of my loved ones....sounds like Keystone Cops.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6570
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

#21

Post by Pawpaw » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

tomtexan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1186
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm
Location: Henderson County, TX

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

#22

Post by tomtexan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:28 pm

The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6258
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

#23

Post by Liberty » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:07 am

The thing is, that he used something way more powerful than the firepower he had with him. Hard to criticize this guy's actions when his actions worked out so well for him.
He prayed, was armed and his family was safe.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2936
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

#24

Post by flechero » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:14 am

tomtexan wrote:Sheriff Sills Reneges on Reward to Georgia Homeowners Who Captured Murderous Convicts
What an (can't say it due to the 10 yo daughter rule)!

Next time there is a big reward offered for escaped murderers, I wonder if they would be mad if a caller to 911 with info on there whereabouts, asked for reward specifics before giving any info. :biggrinjester:

I would actually consider suing the sheriff... regardless of whether another officer saw them earlier- he didn't catch the guys. So the call and holding them until they were arrested WAS the INFO and ACTION that led to the re capture. At a bare minimum, I would blister him in the press and online... and campaign against him in the reelection (whenever it is).

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”