Land survey to GPS coordinates

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Land survey to GPS coordinates

Post by jason812 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 am

philip964 wrote:
Interblog wrote:I'm glad your surveyor came through for you - it should have been pinned in the first place.

I have 5 acres in a thickly-forested area and I had surveyor's pins in place but still, I could not see diddly in all that mess. It cost about a grand to hire someone to cut and blaze the entire perimeter last year. It was well worth the investment. If the land is more open, pins alone might suffice, but if there are obstructions, cutting the perimeter can be a big help in the long run.
Yes pinned in the first place. A lot of times especially if has had a number of sales, the pins are already there, so they just flag it.

Doesn't hurt to kinda check if the locations make sense. Surveyors are human.

Finding the property lines with trees is a mess. A lot of times the property corner is a tree.
The land was my in-laws and purchased about 35 years ago. We bought half of it and had 3 acres sectioned off to build a house. No brush, no fence-line, just a relatively open area. Wish it would have been done 8 months ago as I would have tweaked some of the boundaries but we can live with it the way it is. I'm glad it's done.

Return to “Off-Topic”