FORT BUFFALO SPRINGS. Fort Buffalo Springs was at Buffalo Springs, thirty miles north of Jacksboro, Texas, in Clay County. It was occupied by two companies of the Sixth Cavalry deployed from Jacksboro in 1867, with orders to erect substantial buildings.
Inadequate water and timber forced the troops to abandon the site, possibly in the same year, and return to Jacksboro, where they established a new post to be named Fort Richardson.
Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!
1 post • Page 1 of 1