Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8271
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

#1

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:35 am

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Irvin ... 71251.html

Irving's Austin Middle School to Reopen Thursday After Parent Reports Armed Man

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 12710
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

#2

Post by C-dub » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:46 am

Department, said a parent dropping their child off for football practice at about 7 a.m. called 911 after spotting a white man wearing a camouflage vest get out of a maroon Ford F-150 pickup truck in the school parking lot carrying what appeared to be a long gun and a handgun.

Police rushed to the school, locked down the campus and began a room-by-room search for the man.

About an hour later, a secondary searches were wrapping up, police gave the all clear saying neither the man or the pickup truck have been located.
What do they mean they were unable to locate the truck? I found it! Three of them were walking around it in the video.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

#3

Post by Grayling813 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 pm

SJW parents? Bet this story dies quietly once the security video shows no one with a rifle.

Reminds me of when UT Arlington was shut down because someone "thought" they saw someone carrying a rifle. Ended up it was a camera tripod carried by a photographer.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7357
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

#4

Post by anygunanywhere » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Some freak sjw is going to call in a mwag one of these days and an innocent person is going to die. I’m not talking about swatting.
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: Its patriotism, Its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within." Joseph Stalin

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

#5

Post by Flightmare » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Grayling813 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 pm
SJW parents? Bet this story dies quietly once the security video shows no one with a rifle.

Reminds me of when UT Arlington was shut down because someone "thought" they saw someone carrying a rifle. Ended up it was a camera tripod carried by a photographer.
So does a photographer qualify as an "active shooter"? :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8271
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

#6

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Flightmare wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:33 pm
Grayling813 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 pm
SJW parents? Bet this story dies quietly once the security video shows no one with a rifle.

Reminds me of when UT Arlington was shut down because someone "thought" they saw someone carrying a rifle. Ended up it was a camera tripod carried by a photographer.
So does a photographer qualify as an "active shooter"? :biggrinjester:
I bet she saw a white guy in camo and she made up the gun part.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

#7

Post by TreyHouston » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Flightmare wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:33 pm
Grayling813 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 pm
SJW parents? Bet this story dies quietly once the security video shows no one with a rifle.

Reminds me of when UT Arlington was shut down because someone "thought" they saw someone carrying a rifle. Ended up it was a camera tripod carried by a photographer.
So does a photographer qualify as an "active shooter"? :biggrinjester:
"rlol" "rlol" :smash:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

#8

Post by Grayling813 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:41 pm

Flightmare wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:33 pm
Grayling813 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 pm
SJW parents? Bet this story dies quietly once the security video shows no one with a rifle.

Reminds me of when UT Arlington was shut down because someone "thought" they saw someone carrying a rifle. Ended up it was a camera tripod carried by a photographer.
So does a photographer qualify as an "active shooter"? :biggrinjester:
Yes, but not an "active killer." :mrgreen:
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy


Tylerscott20
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:56 pm

Re: Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

#9

Post by Tylerscott20 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Flightmare wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:33 pm
Grayling813 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 pm
SJW parents? Bet this story dies quietly once the security video shows no one with a rifle.

Reminds me of when UT Arlington was shut down because someone "thought" they saw someone carrying a rifle. Ended up it was a camera tripod carried by a photographer.
So does a photographer qualify as an "active shooter"? :biggrinjester:
I remember this back in 2015. I was on campus and i think the guy was wearing camp shorts AKA “Army fatigues” :lol:: . There was another incident almost a year later where some guy had a red ryder bb gun hanging out of his backpack on campus.

User avatar

gtolbert09
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Flower Mound,Tx

Re: Shooter Reported at Irving Texas middle school

#10

Post by gtolbert09 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Irving pd determined the man was a police officer.

“The armed man was determined to be a law-enforcement officer. Police say the man is part of an outside police agency that was serving a warrant nearby. He had staged his vehicle in the school parking lot.”


https://dfwscanner.net/2019/09/20/updat ... -be-a-cop/
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”