Dallas June 2 - planned protest update

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dallas June 2 - planned protest update

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Don’t attempt to defend your property?

clarionite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by clarionite »

JakeTheSnake wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:26 pm Don’t attempt to defend your property?
Thankfully I don't live in an area where there's likely to be many of these protests. But me not defending my property isn't very likely. In my neighborhood more than likely there would be many of us on the roofs heavily armed if looters were to attempt that here.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

If somebody is outside your house throwing bricks through your windows, is that a legal justification for using deadly force?
-Ruark

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Think the word was "proactively defend." You want to march and chant, fine. I will not be in the defensive position on overwatch nor will I be marching around with my rifle. However, the moment you start destroying my stuff and threatening me, I am not proactive, but reactive.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

so DPD wants you to run and hide? the bricks through a window, i know how that would roll in my area. thanks for the updates, happy i have business in dallas in future
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

And the progressive liberal Dallas DA will probably let them go like last night: The following was reported by Fox 4 news reporter on Twitter:

Allison Harris
@AllisonFox4News
BREAKING: Sources tell me Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot is refusing to take the charge for the protesters who are being arrested, as in he is trying to let them loose. We do not have a statement from the DA's office at this time.
Ron
NRA Member

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

rtschl wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:14 pm And the progressive liberal Dallas DA will probably let them go like last night: The following was reported by Fox 4 news reporter on Twitter:

Allison Harris
@AllisonFox4News
BREAKING: Sources tell me Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot is refusing to take the charge for the protesters who are being arrested, as in he is trying to let them loose. We do not have a statement from the DA's office at this time.
unreal. the DA is part of the problem and isn't he now committing a crime? rioters should be held without bail until the riots stop. I am sure there is a legal precedent to hold them without bail..
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Ruark wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:27 pm If somebody is outside your house throwing bricks through your windows, is that a legal justification for using deadly force?
Daytime or nighttime?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Don’t want to do bad things at night in Texas.

Maybe some one should post the law again about using deadly force at night.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Thursday Night i'll be guarding a building downtown Ft Worth, the reason i'm there is to guard the building! I will be taking my shotgun with me until this craziness stops
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:49 pm Think the word was "proactively defend." You want to march and chant, fine. I will not be in the defensive position on overwatch nor will I be marching around with my rifle. However, the moment you start destroying my stuff and threatening me, I am not proactive, but reactive.
Oh, so stuff happens.

E10

Post by E10 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:30 pm
Ruark wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:27 pm If somebody is outside your house throwing bricks through your windows, is that a legal justification for using deadly force?
Daytime or nighttime?
First, IANAL, and this is certainly not legal advice. I would not recommend it, but the penal code says deadly force is justified...

'to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime'

I suppose throwing bricks would qualify, but you can't shoot after they've thrown the brick (or Molotov cocktail, too, which could be arson) and are running away. I would think you gotta catch them after the forward motion has begun (remember the "Tuck Rule" in the NFL?).

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

E10 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:47 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:30 pm
Daytime or nighttime?
First, IANAL, and this is certainly not legal advice. I would not recommend it, but the penal code says deadly force is justified...

'to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime'

I suppose throwing bricks would qualify, but you can't shoot after they've thrown the brick (or Molotov cocktail, too, which could be arson) and are running away. I would think you gotta catch them after the forward motion has begun (remember the "Tuck Rule" in the NFL?).
I am no football fan at all. What is the "Tuck Rule" and how will it apply.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Off-Topic”