Need an AR-15 lower in DFW

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
tboesche
Posts in topic: 2

Need an AR-15 lower in DFW

Post by tboesche »

I am going to satrt my build and am looking for a good deal on an AR-15 lower n the Fort Worth area. Prefereably north or south Fort Worth, Work in Alliance and live in Crowley. Cheaper than Dirt has some but they want 199.00 for them. I am looking to spend around 120.00 for the lower. I may order one from GunBroker if i can find an FFL close by that is reasonable.

ANY HELP????
"Water's, wet, The sky is blue. And old Satan Claws, He's out there, and he's just getting stronger." Joe Halenbeck
"So what do we do about it?" Jimmie Dix
"Be prepared, Junior, That's my motto, Be Prepared". Joe Halenbeck

propellerhead
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need an AR-15 lower in DFW

Post by propellerhead »

You can have yourself a complete lower quite easily.

I got a stripped lower at Military Gun Supply on the east side of Fort Worth, just south of Winchester. They had them for $109 + tax. Since you walk in, there's no FFL required. The parts that go into a lower are easily found at most online retailers. Installing them is quite easy too. I didn't have any fancy tools or anything. Just a $4.00 set of punches, a hammer, a flat blade screwdriver and a vise grip.

In my case, I ordered a rifle kit from Del-ton. It came with everything minus the stripped lower receiver. Total cost to get something I can shoot at the range was $700.

PS. There's a gun show in Fort Worth this coming weekend.

melkor41
Posts in topic: 1

Post by melkor41 »

:iagree:

Military gun supply is the way to go for folks on that side of the metroplex.

is the 199 for a complete lower? (receiver, parts kit, stock, installed) or just the stripped lower? if its a complete lower its not a bad price at all.
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

Topic author
tboesche
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tboesche »

melkor41 wrote::iagree:

Military gun supply is the way to go for folks on that side of the metroplex.

is the 199 for a complete lower? (receiver, parts kit, stock, installed) or just the stripped lower? if its a complete lower its not a bad price at all.

Just the stripped lower. A little pricey for a place called CheaperThanDirt. huh?

I did not know about the gun show this weekend. Where is it? I may just wait until Saturday
"Water's, wet, The sky is blue. And old Satan Claws, He's out there, and he's just getting stronger." Joe Halenbeck
"So what do we do about it?" Jimmie Dix
"Be prepared, Junior, That's my motto, Be Prepared". Joe Halenbeck

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”