West Virginia legislator wants to hold no-gun-zone proprietors liable for injuries

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

West Virginia legislator wants to hold no-gun-zone proprietors liable for injuries

Post by KLB » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:55 pm

According to W.Va. Del. Brandon Steele, (R) 29th, legislation is needed to hold no-gun zones accountable in the event of a tragedy.

“If you’ve taken away that person’s ability to protect themselves, then it’s incumbent on you to protect them,” explained Del. Steele who is seeking a revision in state code.

https://wvva.com/news/top-stories/2019/ ... g-injuries

A legislative proposal is a necessary first step for legislation, but it's just the beginning of a long process that usually ends in failure.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: West Virginia legislator wants to hold no-gun-zone proprietors liable for injuries

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:24 pm

Even if this initiative fails, perhaps it will raise awareness of the need for personal security in some form.

SIA
The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free
and good men die like dogs, for no good reason.

Hunter S. Thompson

gtolbert09

Re: West Virginia legislator wants to hold no-gun-zone proprietors liable for injuries

Post by gtolbert09 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Tennessee already has a law that does this.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:24 am

Makes perfect sense to me
NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard

LDP

Post by LDP » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:17 pm

I whole-heartedly support that bill. Where do I sign???

Return to “Other States”