Armed Robbery on UH Campus

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
karl
Posts in topic: 3

Armed Robbery on UH Campus

Post by karl »

I got an alert when I got into class earlier today. The incident occurred just after 2:00pm at the 4500 block of Cullen Blvd. at the University of Houston, young woman robbed at gunpoint, only her phone was stolen, she's ok.

Ok, robbery in Houston, not surprising. The 4500 block of Cullen is where I generally park my car, luckily I didn't today because I was walking to my class from a different parking lot at the exact time this incident occurred and it could have been me. I've been told in another thread "this only happens when you're being stupid off campus". This just happened in the middle of the day right on the edge of campus.

Two things need to happen from this:
1. UHPD needs to step it up, I've never seen an officer on campus this semester.
2. CC on campus needs to happen, period. There is no doubt in my mind that if she was carrying this situation wouldn't have happened. Luckily she wasn't hurt but it could have been worse.

Lastly, for those involved, how do I join the fight for CC on college campuses?
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Armed Robbery on UH Campus

Post by A-R »

karl wrote: Lastly, for those involved, how do I join the fight for CC on college campuses?
Texas@concealedcampus.org

http://www.ConcealedCampus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I get their updates all the time on Facebook

Topic author
karl

Post by karl »

Thanks for the info.

I was in a rush to post that because I had another class but I'd like to add that awareness would be the number one preventer of a crime like this, pulling your firearm should never happen before proactive steps (unless, of course, the crime is happening while you were being aware ;-) ).
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

Another "victory" for "reasonable restrictions" on human rights.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Chris B.

Post by Chris B. »

I have class until 10 p.m. at the main campus and it would be nice to know that I have protection against a armed criminal.

Topic author
karl

Post by karl »

Same here, all evenings for me. I have noticed security picked up a little bit but not much. Most of the "security guards" just hang out in the golf car and drive around the main area of campus. Not hard to believe that it's not where the crimes have occurred.

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

Just one evening a week, for rehearsal. The scariest thing I've seen is the students driving into and out of the parking lots.... :shock:
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”