SB 354 voted out of committee, 4 Ayes 2 Nays, Hegar absent

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cbr600

Re: SB 354 vote MOVED-Link to today's committee vote

Post by cbr600 »

deleted
Last edited by cbr600 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RHenriksen »

cbr600 wrote:
warhorse10_9 wrote:
RPB wrote: 4 ayes 2 nays
:chldancing
Do I understand correctly that the Senate has no calendars committee where bills can get lost for weeks or months?
Hardly. There is a calendar committee for both the house and senate.

The lt. Gov can have a lot of influence on the senate cal committee... which in our case isn't a good thing, I wager.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Re: SB 354 voted out of committee, 4 Ayes 2 Nays, Hegar abse

Post by RPB »

http://twitter.com/balancing_raven" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Julie Gavran
(an Anti personal protection person)
Just met with Shipiro's office, off to Carona's office and just spoke with senator Nichols on the way #txlege about 1 hour ago via txt

I have arrived http://twitpic.com/4fe4rp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about 1 hour ago via Twitpic

Inside, waiting to enter the Senate chamber... #txlege #SB354 http://twitpic.com/4fe3k0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about 1 hour ago via Twitpic

Fellow survivors waiting patiently.... http://twitpic.com/4fe1yr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about 1 hour ago via Twitpic

Was just interviewed by the Dallas Morning News and the Texas Tribune #txlege #SB354 about 2 hours ago via txt

It's over. It passed 4-2. Be ready for a new atmosphere on campus #Texas #guns #SB354 #txlege about 2 hours ago via txt
==============

balancing_raven Was just interviewed by the Dallas Morning News and the Texas Tribune #txlege #SB354 about 2 hours ago via txt Retweeted by sgfstexas
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

RHenriksen wrote:
cbr600 wrote:
warhorse10_9 wrote:
Do I understand correctly that the Senate has no calendars committee where bills can get lost for weeks or months?

The lt. Gov can have a lot of influence on the senate cal committee... which in our case isn't a good thing, I wager.
The Senate does not have a Calendars Committee. It takes 21 votes (2/3) to bring a bill to the floor for debate. This procedure takes the place of a Calendars Committee.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Please do not call Senator Juan "Chuy" Hinajosa!! I can't say more, but contacting his office now would be very harmful. It may be necessary later, but not now!

If you read something on other boards about calling, please ignore it! There are well-meaning people who don't know what's going on.

Chas.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:
cbr600 wrote:
warhorse10_9 wrote:

The Senate does not have a Calendars Committee. It takes 21 votes (2/3) to bring a bill to the floor for debate. This procedure takes the place of a Calendars Committee.

Chas.
Doh! :oops: I hate it when I do that...

snorri
Posts in topic: 1

Post by snorri »

RHenriksen wrote:The lt. Gov can have a lot of influence on the senate cal committee... which in our case isn't a good thing, I wager.
Why do you say that? I thought Dewhurst got an A+ from the NRA.

Maybe he's not as pro-CHL as Jerry Patterson but, really, who is?
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hirundo82 »

RHenriksen wrote:The lt. Gov can have a lot of influence on the senate cal committee... which in our case isn't a good thing, I wager.
Dewhurt has been a good friend of gun owners for a long time. IIRC he was very important in getting the Motorist Protection Act passed a couple sessions back.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

hirundo82 wrote:
Dewhurt has been a good friend of gun owners for a long time. IIRC he was very important in getting the Motorist Protection Act passed a couple sessions back.
Man, I need to just quit talking. I was thinking of Joe Straus, in the house.

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RPB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Please do not call Senator Juan "Chuy" Hinajosa!! I can't say more, but contacting his office now would be very harmful. It may be necessary later, but not now!

If you read something on other boards about calling, please ignore it! There are well-meaning people who don't know what's going on.

Chas.
Noted, thanks :thumbs2:

-------------------------------

http://www.americanindependent.com/1769 ... y-champion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Heat from universities reverses position of former campus-carry champion

Hinojosa votes against bill despite authoring similar legislation in 2009
Sen. Juan “Chuy” Hinojosa (D-McAllen) voted with his constituents, rather than his personal beliefs, by opposing a “campus-carry” bill that passed the Senate Committee on Criminal Justice on Thursday, staffers said.
I won't call him nor write or fax him/his office at the moment until you advise to.

Now I understand why he said "no" so quietly .... he must not have wanted to say "no"
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”