NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim W

Post by Purplehood »

I think that this is a genius-move by the current administration.

It is much more cost-efficient to have one guy ramble about the world spouting platitudes about world-peace and cooperation in Space rather than spending all that money on nasty-old-stuff like hardware and manpower. Heaven forbid if we forget to include somebody in our space-endeavors.

(Do I need to put any sort of disclaimer regarding sarcasm here?)
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Drewthetexan

Post by Drewthetexan »

This is a joke, right? You got this off the onion, right?

I know that NASA has historically been used as a political tool, flexing our know-how and whatnot, but this is so patently absurd that I can't even wrap my head around it. What could they possibly contribute??

I guess Hamas is ready to stop shooting little rockets at Israel and go for the moon, instead. Hezbollah might be ready to join the 21st century too. Iran is at least well into the 20th century of rocketry. We might as well make nice before they go kick moon dust up on our flags without us because clearly that is important to the regime right now. To be serious: Do any nations based on the Sharia even have any real interest in space travel aside from Iran? I don't know.

What I really keyed on is the idea that we can't make it to mars on our own. Whatever happened to that "yes we can" diatribe we were fed? If Obama were really concerned about kids getting into science and technology, he'd make a mandate to get us to Mars and fund it. If he had any sense (or patriotism) about him, he'd throw more money at kids not only to get them interested, but also educated on science and technology fields. That's an investment in our future, and change you can believe in. Push our youth into research and development and keep the US advancing the envelope of knowledge and jobs will stay here, not go overseas as foreign technology and capabilities catch up to us. Instead, that clown wants everyone to catch up to us because somehow that translates into good foreign relations, or whatever it is that goes through that brain of his.

We need another sputnik. And a president who will act on it.

A-R

Post by A-R »

would OP mind posting link to the original article? I'd like to share this with a few folks but always prefer to send the original link to the original story if possible (saves time of all the "you made that up" remarks)

Topic author
DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Sorry all, I meant to post the link but brainfarted on it.

Not the onion...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07 ... s-muslims/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VoiceofReason »

"He said the United States is not going to travel beyond low-Earth orbit on its own"

Does that mean that those people are right that say we have not been to the moon? :eek6
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

I still like Charlie B, but I no longer respect him.

Looks like I'm retiring from NASA just in time.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

nasa5.jpg
Byron Dickens

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

Says it all ...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

The NASA Chief is a MORON and needs to be relieved of his duties due to mental illness. :mad5
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

I think its just fantastic, when I was in 3rd grade we got to watch the first space shuttle launch, by the time my daughter is in 3rd grade she will get to watch infadels and muslims hug. "I President Obama by executive order here do abolish the mission to the moon, and instead launch a comprehensive program name herinafter as operation 'Muslim Hug'."

Somebody needs to pinch me, Toto are we in Kansas anymore?!?!
6th Generation Texan

ELB

Post by ELB »

Then:
... NASA Administrator Charlie Bolden said Tuesday that President Barack Obama has asked him to “find ways to reach out to dominantly Muslim countries” as the White House pushes the space agency to become a tool of international diplomacy...
Now:
(Reuters) - White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said on Monday that NASA administrator Charles Bolden was wrong to say that reaching out to the Muslim world was a top priority of the U.S. space agency.

Gibbs, at his daily news briefing, was asked why Bolden had made the comment.
"It's an excellent question, and I don't think -- that was not his task, and that's not the task of NASA," Gibbs said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6 ... liticsNews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So.

Either Golden told a huge flaming lie to Al Jazeera about Obama asking him to reach out to Muslims,

OR

Obama did tell Golden to reach out to Muslims, and has now stabbed him in the back and thrown him under the bus, along with his granny, Rev Wright, Fr. Pfleger, ACORN, Jim Johnson, Van Jones, Samantha Power, Tony Rezko, and pretty much anyone else that ever helped him but suddenly became inconvenient.

Hmmm. Retired USMC Gen Golden as liar, or Busdriver Obama as backstabber? mmmmm.... Tough choice, but going with backstabber on this one.
USAF 1982-2005

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

texas1234 wrote:I think its just fantastic, when I was in 3rd grade we got to watch the first space shuttle launch, by the time my daughter is in 3rd grade she will get to watch infadels and muslims hug. "I President Obama by executive order here do abolish the mission to the moon, and instead launch a comprehensive program name herinafter as operation 'Muslim Hug'."

Somebody needs to pinch me, Toto are we in Kansas anymore?!?!
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

Deltaboy wrote:The NASA Chief is a MORON and needs to be relieved of his duties due to mental illness. :mad5
OK, this isn't right. Charlie is a great person, very intelligent, very honest, very caring. I respect him highly as a person.

Really, I knew this was going to happen someday. Presidents have been after him for many years to become administrator, just because he comes across as who he is -- an honest, caring person -- but I knew he would be mincemeat in DC for that very reason. That place has got to be miserable for an honest, caring person.

While I can't at all fathom what just happened (remembering how press reports about NASA get so screwed up), I really have to believe that he's been set up by someone, while he tried hard to do what he was hired (by Obama) to do (whatever that may be -- that's between the two of them).

All I can do is pray that Charlie gets out of this with his self-esteem intact. He deserves no less.
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

bnc

Post by bnc »

I haven't been terribly impressed with Bolden, but his job is to do what his boss tells him to do. They could find someone better for the NASA administrator job, but we really need to find someone better to be the administrator's boss.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

bnc wrote:I haven't been terribly impressed with Bolden, but his job is to do what his boss tells him to do. They could find someone better for the NASA administrator job, but we really need to find someone better to be the administrator's boss.
I don't know Mr. Bolden personally and have never met him. Because of his accomplishments, I believe that he is a patriotic man, highly intelligent and motivated. I respect him for his service to our country, both as a Marine and as an Astronaut. :patriot:

As a manager, I have been in the position where I promoted company policies which I did not personally agree with. I believe that Mr. Bolden is doing the same. As bnc stated, he needs a better boss. Someone with more vision.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”