Ladies Will You CC at Target?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Topic author
ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 4730
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#1

Post by ScottDLS » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Since I currently identify as male...I have less of a hangup with Target Corp.'s new LGBTQIA friendly bathroom policy. However, I am encouraging my life partner (who currently identifies as female) to get her LTC, should she need to use the restroom at Target or escort any of our offspring (who birth gender indicated as female). I wonder how other womyn members of of the forum are considering handling necessary biological activities while shopping at Target? :evil2:

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

User avatar

LSUTiger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1113
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#2

Post by LSUTiger » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:39 pm

ScottDLS wrote:Since I currently identify as male...I have less of a hangup with Target Corp.'s new LGBTQIA friendly bathroom policy. However, I am encouraging my life partner (who currently identifies as female) to get her LTC, should she need to use the restroom at Target or escort any of our offspring (who birth gender indicated as female). I wonder how other womyn members of of the forum are considering handling necessary biological activities while shopping at Target? :evil2:

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Technically you can go in the women's bathroom to stand gaurd if you wish. :coolgleamA:
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

User avatar

Teamless
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#3

Post by Teamless » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:41 pm

LSUTiger wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:Since I currently identify as male...I have less of a hangup with Target Corp.'s new LGBTQIA friendly bathroom policy. However, I am encouraging my life partner (who currently identifies as female) to get her LTC, should she need to use the restroom at Target or escort any of our offspring (who birth gender indicated as female). I wonder how other womyn members of of the forum are considering handling necessary biological activities while shopping at Target? :evil2:

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Technically you can go in the women's bathroom to stand gaurd if you wish. :coolgleamA:
Likely only if you "identify" as the other gender

How to prove that is a whole other issue!

"For THOSE 5 minutes my female life partner was in the women's (unisex?) bathroom, I also identified as female"...
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

User avatar

Topic author
ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 4730
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#4

Post by ScottDLS » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:46 pm

The young clerk at Target told my wife the other day they are supposed to refer to the bathrooms as "Left" or "Right". I'm still confused...is that as in Hillary (Left) and Donald (Right)? What is "Caitlyn" Jenner (trans Republican supposed to do?) :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

User avatar

Excaliber
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5839
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 pm
Location: DFW Metro

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#5

Post by Excaliber » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:06 pm

ScottDLS wrote:Since I currently identify as male...I have less of a hangup with Target Corp.'s new LGBTQIA friendly bathroom policy. However, I am encouraging my life partner (who currently identifies as female) to get her LTC, should she need to use the restroom at Target or escort any of our offspring (who birth gender indicated as female). I wonder how other womyn members of of the forum are considering handling necessary biological activities while shopping at Target? :evil2:

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
There's a much simpler and easier solution - sign onto the boycott and shop at WalMart.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2590
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#6

Post by Flightmare » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:08 pm

Excaliber wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:Since I currently identify as male...I have less of a hangup with Target Corp.'s new LGBTQIA friendly bathroom policy. However, I am encouraging my life partner (who currently identifies as female) to get her LTC, should she need to use the restroom at Target or escort any of our offspring (who birth gender indicated as female). I wonder how other womyn members of of the forum are considering handling necessary biological activities while shopping at Target? :evil2:

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
There's a much simpler and easier solution - sign onto the boycott and shop at WalMart.
That has been my plan.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

SRO1911
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: Abilene, TX

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#7

Post by SRO1911 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:33 pm

I prefer amazons pricing, and there dedication to open or concealed carry ntlyot* specific bathrooms.

*No Throne Like Your Own Throne.
When any govt, or church,says This you can't read, are forbidden to know, the result is tyranny and oppression. Little force is needed to control a man who has been hoodwinked; no force can control a free man, not the rack, bombs, not anything, you can't conquer a free man, at most you can kill him.


Surgeon
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:05 pm
Location: Baytown

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#8

Post by Surgeon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:34 pm

My plan is to use the ladies room, leave the seat up, not flush and urinate on the seat, floor and remove all the toilet paper...shouldn't be too long before women will demand an end to this nonsense.
"rlol"
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

User avatar

LosAlce
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:17 pm
Location: Southwest Texas

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#9

Post by LosAlce » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:57 pm

to answer the original question, I am a woman and I would CC at Target because their bathroom policy does not and will not affect me. Literally nothing is changing. If I have used the bathroom with a male who identifies as female I've never noticed and there was no incident.

Surgeon wrote:My plan is to use the ladies room, leave the seat up, not flush and urinate on the seat, floor and remove all the toilet paper...shouldn't be too long before women will demand an end to this nonsense.
"rlol"
And to comment on this: seriously please don't do that. I'm sure you mean it as a joke but I have worked in retail and I have actually had to experience men using the single women's restroom and completely destroy it because they couldn't be bothered to wait 2 minutes for the men's room to become available. It was almost like they weren't even trying. It's disrespectful to the person who has to use it next and it's disrespectful for the clerk who will have to clean it later.

You can have your opinions on the whole bathroom thing. Believe what you want. I find it hilarious that so many people are up in arms about the Target thing in a very similar way people were up in arms about OC. Chill out. The sky isn't falling. We will likely forget about this just like most people have forgotten about the chik fil a thing. Just shop/go somewhere else.

Again, don't care about your personal belief, just don't lash out and take it out on someone who has nothing to do with it. Be kind and let bathrooms be bathrooms.

Just my $0.02
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 11092
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#10

Post by Oldgringo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:18 pm

LosAlce wrote:to answer the original question, I am a woman and I would CC at Target because their bathroom policy does not and will not affect me. Literally nothing is changing. If I have used the bathroom with a male who identifies as female I've never noticed and there was no incident.

Surgeon wrote:My plan is to use the ladies room, leave the seat up, not flush and urinate on the seat, floor and remove all the toilet paper...shouldn't be too long before women will demand an end to this nonsense.
"rlol"
And to comment on this: seriously please don't do that. I'm sure you mean it as a joke but I have worked in retail and I have actually had to experience men using the single women's restroom and completely destroy it because they couldn't be bothered to wait 2 minutes for the men's room to become available. It was almost like they weren't even trying. It's disrespectful to the person who has to use it next and it's disrespectful for the clerk who will have to clean it later.

You can have your opinions on the whole bathroom thing. Believe what you want. I find it hilarious that so many people are up in arms about the Target thing in a very similar way people were up in arms about OC. Chill out. The sky isn't falling. We will likely forget about this just like most people have forgotten about the chik fil a thing. Just shop/go somewhere else.

Again, don't care about your personal belief, just don't lash out and take it out on someone who has nothing to do with it. Be kind and let bathrooms be bathrooms.

Just my $0.02
:iagree: "...it's much ado about nothing..."

If you don't like anybody's policy about anything; e.g., 30.06 & 30.07 signs, go somewhere else to do your business (pun intended).

User avatar

SewTexas
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3451
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 pm
Location: San Antonio area

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#11

Post by SewTexas » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:39 pm

yep. because I always have
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3913
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#12

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:56 pm

LosAlce wrote:
Surgeon wrote:My plan is to use the ladies room, leave the seat up, not flush and urinate on the seat, floor and remove all the toilet paper...shouldn't be too long before women will demand an end to this nonsense.
"rlol"
And to comment on this: seriously please don't do that. I'm sure you mean it as a joke but I have worked in retail and I have actually had to experience men using the single women's restroom and completely destroy it because they couldn't be bothered to wait 2 minutes for the men's room to become available. It was almost like they weren't even trying. It's disrespectful to the person who has to use it next and it's disrespectful for the clerk who will have to clean it later.
You do, of course, realize that this same man would have "destroyed" the men's room if he had in fact waited 2 more minutes, which would be very disrespectful to the next man who had to use that facility. Men's restrooms tend to be much, much, nastier than women's restrooms from what I have heard. I am seriously considering use of the women's restroom at Target for precisely this reason.

Is Target planning to have their employees question customers who look like men but are using the women's restroom? I am guessing the answer is no (because yes would translate to a huge potential PR nightmare), and so men will not even have to answer the question about how they identify.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

LosAlce
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:17 pm
Location: Southwest Texas

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#13

Post by LosAlce » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
You do, of course, realize that this same man would have "destroyed" the men's room if he had in fact waited 2 more minutes, which would be very disrespectful to the next man who had to use that facility. Men's restrooms tend to be much, much, nastier than women's restrooms from what I have heard. I am seriously considering use of the women's restroom at Target for precisely this reason.
To clarify, when I said destroy I ment in the sense of just going all over the place. The seat, the floor, the walls, TP everywhere. Not something that would happen normally. Stinking up the joint I would consider "normal". Doesn't bother me. Everybody poops. I see your point. It's still not cool regardless of which restroom it's in.

As for cleanliness, it's debateable. Some places are really nice and I would agree for the most part they tend to be that way. Couches in the women's room is a real thing. Other times it's almost like little demons used the room. I have no idea how a women's room can have (or should have) so much toilet paper all over the floor. Let's not even mention our "special containers". Needless to say, maintanece is a MUST. Go for it. Honestly I don't care. A wiz palace for all
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

User avatar

MadMonkey
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1288
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:23 am
Location: Grapevine, TX

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#14

Post by MadMonkey » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:24 pm

LosAlce wrote:to answer the original question, I am a woman and I would CC at Target because their bathroom policy does not and will not affect me. Literally nothing is changing. If I have used the bathroom with a male who identifies as female I've never noticed and there was no incident.

Surgeon wrote:My plan is to use the ladies room, leave the seat up, not flush and urinate on the seat, floor and remove all the toilet paper...shouldn't be too long before women will demand an end to this nonsense.
"rlol"
And to comment on this: seriously please don't do that. I'm sure you mean it as a joke but I have worked in retail and I have actually had to experience men using the single women's restroom and completely destroy it because they couldn't be bothered to wait 2 minutes for the men's room to become available. It was almost like they weren't even trying. It's disrespectful to the person who has to use it next and it's disrespectful for the clerk who will have to clean it later.

You can have your opinions on the whole bathroom thing. Believe what you want. I find it hilarious that so many people are up in arms about the Target thing in a very similar way people were up in arms about OC. Chill out. The sky isn't falling. We will likely forget about this just like most people have forgotten about the chik fil a thing. Just shop/go somewhere else.

Again, don't care about your personal belief, just don't lash out and take it out on someone who has nothing to do with it. Be kind and let bathrooms be bathrooms.

Just my $0.02
Having spent a good portion of my early working days cleaning bathrooms in retail establishments, I can say with certainty that the average women's bathroom makes an average men's truck stop bathroom look like a pristine oasis...

I think this is all a ploy to allow women into the nice restrooms... you know, for equality :grumble

As for Target, I just wish I had one nearby. I actually get to hear English and people smile at me there, unlike at Walmart.
"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God" - Benjamin Franklin

User avatar

Scott in Houston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Houston

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#15

Post by Scott in Houston » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:26 pm

I've never understood why anyone would shop there anyway. Who cares about bathrooms??
They do not even sell ammunition!!!

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”