Anyone else notice more 30.06/30.07 postings since Open Carry was instituted?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Anyone else notice more 30.06/30.07 postings since Open Carry was instituted?

Post by bagman45 »

I subscribe to Texas3006.com notifications, and it sure seems to me that A LOT more places are being posted since Open Carry was instituted. INCLUDING many places ADDING 30.06 that were NOT posted before. While some businesses are only posting 30.07 (god bless 'em, I get it and will continue to go there) it seems like MOST are posting both 30.06 AND 30.07. Not sure if they don't understand the difference (possible given the "education" distributed by some LEO's), but in any case, I find it a TERRIBLE trend :mad5

Anyone else notice this, or am I just being too "sensitive"????? :biggrinjester:

John Galt
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone else notice more 30.06/30.07 postings since Open Carry was instituted?

Post by John Galt »

Yes

Weg

Re: Anyone else notice more 30.06/30.07 postings since Open Carry was instituted?

Post by Weg »

Only place i've seen both posted was a valero gas station in San Marcos, I see lots of 30.07, just saw one at Cheddars in Austin the other day. But seeing both posted together, I have not seen very often.

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

There may be a variance in lifestyles but to answer your question, NO. I live on the very out skirts of Houston but work all around Houston and I see very little that has changed in my life style. Every once in a while I see a gas station that is posted. I visited one that was and didn't happen to be carrying at that point due to work. I went in and handed him one of the cards that I carry in reference to CC. He came running out afterwards and was very apologetic saying the Chevron corp. was going to take the signs down.

I imagine the signs are there but not in the venues I frequent. I also do not patronize business that are posted and hand them a card letting them know why I am not. It doesn't happen much. I also advise purchasing the cards from TSRA. I also asked them to produce cards thanking business for not posting but they have not come forth yet. I have even gone as far as scratching out the NO GUNS NO MONEY for CC friendly business.

I actually looked at the date of this post to see if it was from March but then saw only 2 replies and figured this to be a current post.
Last edited by JerryK on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I have seen many places that never had a 30.06 sign that now have 30.06/.07 now. So to answe the question - YES.

I have also noticed all of the new entries on Texas30.06.com.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

carlson1 wrote:I have seen many places that never had a 30.06 sign that now have 30.06/.07 now. So to answe the question - YES.

I have also noticed all of the new entries on Texas30.06.com.
:iagree:

I'm in Houston and, though I haven't been counting, I'd say I've seen over 30 new postings. Entered one myself on http://www.texas3006.com/ this week for a company I'd been doing business with since 2009; newly posted.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

bagman45 wrote:I subscribe to Texas3006.com notifications, and it sure seems to me that A LOT more places are being posted since Open Carry was instituted. INCLUDING many places ADDING 30.06 that were NOT posted before. While some businesses are only posting 30.07 (god bless 'em, I get it and will continue to go there) it seems like MOST are posting both 30.06 AND 30.07. Not sure if they don't understand the difference (possible given the "education" distributed by some LEO's), but in any case, I find it a TERRIBLE trend :mad5

Anyone else notice this, or am I just being too "sensitive"????? :biggrinjester:
I understand what you are saying, but this has not been my experience. I live in Elgin, but work in Austin. My children live in Cedar Park. My parents live near Red Rock. My in-laws live in Lubbock. There is no where that I want to go that has posted a 30.06 and 30.07 sign.

A few weeks ago, in the small town of Coupland, I went into a convenience store that was posted only 30.06. I was carrying openly. No muss, no fuss. The only dual 30.06 and 30.07 signs I have seen on businesses have been on convenience stores in Elgin and Manor.

I am sure that there are those who have been inconvenienced. I am also sure there are those who have not. Charles Cotton has described a path forward for the next legislative session. I'll spend my energies in that direction.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Lena

Post by Lena »

YES by all means more posted with both
I had a Dr apt today in Dallas and had to walk about 2 blocks in a shopping center I was shocked to see how many windows had both, a year ago none.
Stay Safe

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I have not seen more signs go up in Texas, but....I've definitely seen more places posted in Austin.

:-)
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

seph

Post by seph »

I've lived in Austin for the past year (transplanted from Houston). I have seen very few 30.06 signs, and none for any place I would care to go to. :roll:
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

prior to open carry being passed, one of my Doctor's offices had no signs, not even irrelevant gunbuster signs. now it has valid 30.06 & 30.07 signs..
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I have noticed buildings which were illegally marked ( gun buster sign, which I ignored), now are legally marked with both .06 and .07 signs.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Yes. Nearly all the medical facilities within driving distance have now been properly posted. On the good side a place that had a non-compliant 3006 sign that was removed now has a non-compliant no open carry sign. :cool: One restaurant chain (Applebees) is now posted.
N5PNZ

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

So what can we do to stop all these signs going up? Some of my favorite eating place have posted as well as my Car dealership. :mad5

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

We should really make this a poll. It would be interesting to see how this is impacting various people.

Personally, I have seen a lot more 30.07 signs since OC was instituted. I had seen zero places posted prior to January 1, 2016 :lol::. Hey, you asked about 30.07 too.

I have seen a few newly posted 30.06 places, but not enough to be a serious inconvenience.

I have seen a ton of new entries on Texas3006.com, but that spike correlated more closely with the introduction of the mobile app, so I think people are just finding it easier to update that database, and not necessarily that there are a ton of new signs going up.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”