Getting measured for a suit...

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

bnc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Getting measured for a suit...

Post by bnc »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Re: the US President's salary. I believe that the salary for this office has been
$400,000 for some time now.

SIA
The change from $200k to $400k happened sometime during GWB's administration, but I don't remember the exact year.

For what it is worth, I've heard that Jos. A. Bank is CHL friendly, but I haven't tried it myself.

catwoman

Post by catwoman »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:http://whitehousetapes.net/clip/lyndon- ... ggar-pants

The above link is to a 13 minute long audiotape of LBJ ordering clothing over the phone
from Texas-based Haggar Pants. Recorded August 9, 1964.

LBJ asked for longer pockets so that his money and his knife would not fall out when he sat.

He also asks for other special tailoring so that he would not feel like he was "riding a barbed
wire fence". :-)

SIA
I'm soooo glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I heard that! :smilelol5:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

bnc wrote:
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Re: the US President's salary. I believe that the salary for this office has been
$400,000 for some time now.

SIA
The change from $200k to $400k happened sometime during GWB's administration, but I don't remember the exact year.

For what it is worth, I've heard that Jos. A. Bank is CHL friendly, but I haven't tried it myself.
In September 1999, President Clinton signed legislation that increased the presidential salary to $400,000, effective January 2001. President George W. Bush was the first to receive the increased salary.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/question449.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if LBJ got a bill from Haggar for his pants?
NRA Endowment Member

Shoot Straight

Post by Shoot Straight »

bnc wrote:For what it is worth, I've heard that Jos. A. Bank is CHL friendly, but I haven't tried it myself.
I don't know about friendly but definitely not anti. No problem when I got my suit there.

I also like their Traveler dress shirts. In solid blue or any color houndstooth pattern, they conceal my EDC in a tuckable holster when I don't wear a suit coat, which is most days at work.
Ride
Shoot Straight
Speak the Truth

Kahrry

Post by Kahrry »

similar experience in Men's Warehouse when I was getting measured for a rental tux. I insisted on my 32 waist and told the lady there was no need to measure. I could tell I stumpted her a bit and that maybe she thought I was uncomfortable with her measuring me. I explained that I knew the tux pants could be adjusted and that I knew my waist size.

She proceeded to measure the rest of me and while adjusting my vest she must have bumped my gun grabbing the strap from my side. I could almost see everything coming to light in her head. While I was checking out she lean's over and says "my boyfriend carries too and I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable". I politley told her that it was ok and I couldn't find a good way to avoid it.
Kahr CW9
Springfield XD40 sub-compact

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 4
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Shoot Straight:

Pray tell, what brand/model of gun is your EDC that you
successfully carry IWB, in an office environment, without a
suit coat?

I'm sure other office type forum members would like to know.

TIA / SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Kahrry wrote:similar experience in Men's Warehouse when I was getting measured for a rental tux. I insisted on my 32 waist and told the lady there was no need to measure. I could tell I stumpted her a bit and that maybe she thought I was uncomfortable with her measuring me. I explained that I knew the tux pants could be adjusted and that I knew my waist size.

She proceeded to measure the rest of me and while adjusting my vest she must have bumped my gun grabbing the strap from my side. I could almost see everything coming to light in her head. While I was checking out she lean's over and says "my boyfriend carries too and I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable". I politley told her that it was ok and I couldn't find a good way to avoid it.
Nice Lady. If I needed similar services I would use that particular store again If I were in your location.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

michael e

Post by michael e »

went two weeks ago. Guy went to measure my legs and put his hand on my gun. He just stood up and went to my other leg to get the measurement. He then asked if waist size would be the same for the wedding. Was an older man but face was priceless when he felt the gun

Gunner21

Post by Gunner21 »

I have 2 sport jackets in the closet that need to be tailored. I would like to get them tailored while wearing a shoulder holster. You would not believe the trouble I run into explaining that I need to be fitted while wearing a side arm. :shock:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Kahrry wrote:similar experience in Men's Warehouse when I was getting measured for a rental tux. I insisted on my 32 waist and told the lady there was no need to measure. I could tell I stumpted her a bit and that maybe she thought I was uncomfortable with her measuring me. I explained that I knew the tux pants could be adjusted and that I knew my waist size.

Nice Lady. If I needed similar services I would use that particular store again If I were in your location.
:iagree:
NRA Endowment Member

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

Bullwhip wrote:Read his books if you can find one. I didnt' know Billie Sol Estes was still alive, figured he'd have died "mysteriously" by now.
My mom's cousin was Billy Sol's partner in the ammonia tank scheme. She's strangely proud of that.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

mgood

Post by mgood »

I'm a one-suit guy. I wear a suit about twice a year for weddings and funerals and stuff like that. Very rarely need one for work, but it has happened.
Texas Size 11 wrote: . . . mine is kind of old and, well, it has "shrunk" a bit. . . .
Yeah, I hate when that happens. I need a new one too, for the same reason.
I was in Men's Warehouse in Lubbock one day, not to buy, but just looking to get an idea of what I wanted.
I was talking to a sales lady there and had a little difficulty bringing up the subject. "I'll need . . . I carry . . . I might need room for a concealed handgun."
Well, it wasn't the first time she'd heard that. "You carry inside the waistband and need the pants cut a little larger for that?"
"Uh, yeah."
She told me that was no problem.

Just the other day I was in there browsing. I was looking at their shirts (which I actually do wear much more often than the suits) and ties (which I tend to buy and never wear, lol).
The store was packed with kids picking up and dropping off formal wear for proms and stuff. No one came over to wait on me and since I was just looking and not planning to buy, I didn't really try to corner a salesperson to question.
I noticed on the wall a list of tailoring services that included moving, adding, and removing belt loops. I thought that might be handy in getting that holster in just the right spot. Also, right along with elbow patches for jackets, I saw gun patches or some such. (I don't remember exactly what they called it, but it said "gun" and was listed with jacket options.) Not having a salesperson there handy to ask, I guessed this must be reinforcement on the inside of the jacket to keep your grip from digging a hole in the lining.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

mgood wrote:I'm a one-suit guy. I wear a suit about twice a year for weddings and funerals and stuff like that. Very rarely need one for work, but it has happened.
Texas Size 11 wrote: . . . mine is kind of old and, well, it has "shrunk" a bit. . . .
Yeah, I hate when that happens. I need a new one too, for the same reason.
I was in Men's Warehouse in Lubbock one day, not to buy, but just looking to get an idea of what I wanted.
I was talking to a sales lady there and had a little difficulty bringing up the subject. "I'll need . . . I carry . . . I might need room for a concealed handgun."
Well, it wasn't the first time she'd heard that. "You carry inside the waistband and need the pants cut a little larger for that?"
"Uh, yeah."
She told me that was no problem.

Just the other day I was in there browsing. I was looking at their shirts (which I actually do wear much more often than the suits) and ties (which I tend to buy and never wear, lol).
The store was packed with kids picking up and dropping off formal wear for proms and stuff. No one came over to wait on me and since I was just looking and not planning to buy, I didn't really try to corner a salesperson to question.
I noticed on the wall a list of tailoring services that included moving, adding, and removing belt loops. I thought that might be handy in getting that holster in just the right spot. Also, right along with elbow patches for jackets, I saw gun patches or some such. (I don't remember exactly what they called it, but it said "gun" and was listed with jacket options.) Not having a salesperson there handy to ask, I guessed this must be reinforcement on the inside of the jacket to keep your grip from digging a hole in the lining.
Might be Bat Masterson inside the jacket pocket(s) ... He had his tailor add an extra pocket for his BUG ... (to keep it separate so his chapstick/horse keys didn't get inside the trigger guard "rlol" ) Really, he also had a spare ammo pocket put in the jackets.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

thorkyl

Post by thorkyl »

I just told the tailor that I carry and need to be fitted with the sidearm and that if he has an issue i will respect it.
I also had them put in some trigger cloth since I carry IWB.
Trigger cloth is like canvas but soft so I have less chance of printing and less wear on the fabric
---
http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beyond Bitter, now I am just plain MAD
I know how many I own, not enough...

Return to “Never Again!!”