Ladies Will You CC at Target?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


SIRIT
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: Lubbock, TARGET SNOB! Walmart Hater.

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#16

Post by SIRIT » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:58 pm

This whole thing is the same as the anti-gunners stance pre-open carry. They said all this stuff about how horrible it will be and absolutely nothing happened. Complete non-event. The conservative side is handling this the way Anti-gunners handle that. Using scare tactics. Women and children will be hurt, downfall of society, and on and on. This too will be a non event.

Let the bashing begin for this statement. I have lived in Texas for about 2 years. I moved here from (you guessed it) CA. This crap has been happening for a number of years out there and unless you are in the bay area or certain areas of LA or San Diego where activist who push this stuff live then it is always a non-event.

By posting things and getting worked up over stuff like this you are playing right into how politicians want you to be. They want you to clearly pick DEM or REP. Stuff like this drives certain people and their MONEY to REP side, anti-gun crap drives certain people and their MONEY to DEM side.

And those that say stuff like "I will boycott Target and shop Walmart". If you think for a minute if one of these he/she people want to go in a certain bathroom at Walmart that anyone there will do anything about it you are wrong. Walmart is not above being sued and dragged through public opinion any less than any other major corporation. They may not publicly state this policy (like Target) but it is there and their lawyers ARE telling them not to push this issue.


casp625
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 671
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:24 pm

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#17

Post by casp625 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Image
Attachments
FB_IMG_1461889844735.jpg

User avatar

Middle Age Russ
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Spring-Woodlands

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#18

Post by Middle Age Russ » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:40 pm

SIRIT, I understand your point about "it being a non-event" and getting folks worked up on one side or another of an issue as a political tactic -- to a point. I am certainly not going to bash you for your views, though.

I do think this is an event that requires action -- or inaction as it may be in the case of a boycott -- of some of us. This policy is tacit surrender to the LGBT Social Justice Warriors (SJW), who just happen to be loud enough and committed enough to ensure their voices are heard above all others. Raising our voices a bit and challenging the changes they would make is the least we can do. Less than 5% of the population stridently declaring that they are "normal" doesn't make it so, and requiring everyone else in society to change their actions and thinking flies in the face of the liberal argument of "for the greater good".

Enacting this policy is also another instance of denying/marginalizing the traditional, society-affirming values that formed this country and ultimately propelled its citizenry to the highest standard of living in the world. Systematically destroying morals and values is no way to improve society, and allowing it to occur without acting makes one complicit in the destruction. I choose not to help the destroyers along their path.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor


SIRIT
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: Lubbock, TARGET SNOB! Walmart Hater.

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#19

Post by SIRIT » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Middle Age Russ wrote:SIRIT, I understand your point about "it being a non-event" and getting folks worked up on one side or another of an issue as a political tactic -- to a point. I am certainly not going to bash you for your views, though.

I do think this is an event that requires action -- or inaction as it may be in the case of a boycott -- of some of us. This policy is tacit surrender to the LGBT Social Justice Warriors (SJW), who just happen to be loud enough and committed enough to ensure their voices are heard above all others. Raising our voices a bit and challenging the changes they would make is the least we can do. Enacting this policy is also another instance of denying/marginalizing the traditional, society-affirming values that formed this country and ultimately propelled its citizenry to the highest standard of living in the world. Systematically destroying morals and values is no way to improve society, and allowing it to occur without acting makes one complicit in the destruction. I choose not to help the destroyers along their path.
Oh trust me nobody dislike the SJW types more than I do. And if you believe this to be a terrible path society is going down by all means you should make your voice heard. That is the beauty that is this country you can speak your mind and act with your dollar. Why do you think I left CA? Tired of some of that crap so I took my voice and dollar to Texas.

My issue is that anti-gun types constantly make statements about things they don't like by using the women and children and safety as the benchmark in their argument and we (pro-gunners) always point out how ridiculous it is. But then we turn around and do the same exact on an issue like this. Are there going to be the rare instances of some perv taking advantage of situation? Yes there will. Will there be instances of some redneck yahoo doing something dumb with a gun? Oh there are many (and they always seem to post it on YouTube for the world to see unfortunately).

And to the point of "Enacting this policy is also another instance of denying/marginalizing the traditional, society-affirming values that formed this country and ultimately propelled its citizenry to the highest standard of living in the world." You need to remember when this country was formed slavery was legal, women couldn't vote or own land, and marijuana was not only legal but common. Those are some of the "traditional, society-affirming values that formed this country" and it has all evolved to were we are today. I for one wouldn't want to go back to those set of values (except the last one I am from CA after all(and a number of heads just exploded)). :lol::

But seriously times change. Things change. We make statements like that but forget that there were things that at the time people were angry to loose in their society but in fact made us a better nation. Now do I thing a girl with a dingy should be parading around a women's restroom at Target? Heck no. But if someone really feels that way goes in there does their business and leaves nobody is going to know anyway. Yes there will be pervs and redneck yahoos but we live in a free society and with that we will have to deal with things we think are wrong on a personal/religious level but the alternative is in country's all over the world and I don't want to live anywhere but the US.

User avatar

Middle Age Russ
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Spring-Woodlands

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#20

Post by Middle Age Russ » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:45 pm

The principles / values that I referred to, and which propelled this nation forward did not include slavery, a lack of women's suffrage, etc... Those were accepted norms at the time that rightfully fell by the wayside over time. The Founding principles and values I referred to are those that affirm human rights, and these same values / principles enshrined in both the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights ultimately cleared a path to emancipation and suffrage.

I do agree that, like concealed carry, what happens in the room formerly known as the Ladies Room is likely to largely remain unknown outside those doors. And it generally should be. I also agree that liberty/freedom is a value to be cherished and celebrated. That is where I really have the biggest issues with these SJWs. They are doing everything in their power to eliminate the freedom of others who think/believe differently, creating a tyranny of whining voices, if you will.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor


SIRIT
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: Lubbock, TARGET SNOB! Walmart Hater.

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#21

Post by SIRIT » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Middle Age Russ wrote:The principles / values that I referred to, and which propelled this nation forward did not include slavery, a lack of women's suffrage, etc... Those were accepted norms at the time that rightfully fell by the wayside over time. The Founding principles and values I referred to are those that affirm human rights, and these same values / principles enshrined in both the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights ultimately cleared a path to emancipation and suffrage.

I do agree that, like concealed carry, what happens in the room formerly known as the Ladies Room is likely to largely remain unknown outside those doors. And it generally should be. I also agree that liberty/freedom is a value to be cherished and celebrated. That is where I really have the biggest issues with these SJWs. They are doing everything in their power to eliminate the freedom of others who think/believe differently, creating a tyranny of whining voices, if you will.
"tyranny of whining voices" That is a GREAT phrase. That is exactly why I left CA. That and my 2007 f150 truck registration was $375.00 for one year and another $80 for smog.

And man the whole slavery and women suffrage were just examples I was in no way saying you supported that crap. And I think you know that.

But back to Targets statement, if you are a chick with a dingy, the Declaration of Independence also applies to you and there is that phrase in there "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" you probably do feel you are missing out on those last two to a degree. My thing is let people be who they are as long as they aren't physical hurting anyone else so what if a he/she goes in whatever bathroom. It's really the perv aspect that needs to be addressed but those instances are going to be so rare if any why get worked up over it.

And I intentionally left out "emotionally hurt" by someones actions of just going into whatever bathroom they identify with. To those that are emotionally hurt by that because of opinion, values, principles, religious beliefs or whatever your deal is you need to put your big boy pants on and not be part of the "tyranny of whining voices" because that is the group you are part of. Same also goes with things like gay marriage, seeing someone open carrying a gun, and terms such as Islamophobia and calling your buddy retarded when he does something stupid. Both sides, the liberal left and the religious right are both just as guilty of this garbage.

There are real actions of emotion pain but this subject is in no way one of them.

User avatar

Scott in Houston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Houston

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#22

Post by Scott in Houston » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:55 pm

I think SIRIT makes a good point. Another parallel is the fact that before this policy the only "REAL" protection for bathroom safety was a SIGN!!! Bad guys could still go into a restroom and do bad things… Only a sign protected you. Sound familiar???

Ultimately it's up to each of us to protect our own, and this new policy makes it easier to do that in a way. I'm now going into the women's restroom when my daughter does and I'm waiting at the door. (Guess what… I'll also be armed!)


ghostrider
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1748
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:05 am
Location: Free Republic of Texas

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#23

Post by ghostrider » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:13 pm

shop at amazon.com instead and avoid the issue:

- use your own facilities 'cuz you're at home
- no 30.06/7 signs on Amazon's website
- probably better selection and prices
- no concern about whether you're printing or not

:-)
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator


RHenriksen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#24

Post by RHenriksen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Surgeon wrote:My plan is to use the ladies room, leave the seat up, not flush and urinate on the seat, floor and remove all the toilet paper...shouldn't be too long before women will demand an end to this nonsense.
"rlol"
Brilliant!!!
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs


Bryanmc
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:28 am
Location: East Texas

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#25

Post by Bryanmc » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:36 am

Scott in Houston wrote:I think SIRIT makes a good point. Another parallel is the fact that before this policy the only "REAL" protection for bathroom safety was a SIGN!!!
I agree, however, with this new ruling you don't have to "appear" to be a woman, or be "dressed" as as woman, you merely have to feel like a woman on the inside. So, if someone (employee) were to question the obvious man walking into the ladies room, they have now violated his "right to gender identity" and probably some employer's policy and will then be subjected to mandatory "sensitivity training. It's a slippery slope to be sure.

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 11111
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#26

Post by Oldgringo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:50 am

Surgeon wrote:My plan is to use the ladies room, leave the seat up, not flush and urinate on the seat, floor and remove all the toilet paper...shouldn't be too long before women will demand an end to this nonsense.
"rlol"
Apparently, there are some of low degree who already do this in the men's room? :banghead:


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 11787
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#27

Post by philip964 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:40 am

I first experienced women in a men's restroom at Octoberfest in Munich. The woman's line was blocks long so men escorted their female companion into the men's restroom. Two long troughs were down each side of the long narrow room with each spot at the trough occupied by a man. Down the center was the line of waiting men and women.

Every thing went smoothly no one was embarrassed or harassed. Most likely because everyone was somewhat drunk and had to pee bad.

To me the toilet room signs should say for one toilet room "urinals inside" the other should say "no penises allowed in this room".

End of story.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25707
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#28

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:08 am

ScottDLS wrote:Since I currently identify as male...I have less of a hangup with Target Corp.'s new LGBTQIA friendly bathroom policy. However, I am encouraging my life partner (who currently identifies as female) to get her LTC, should she need to use the restroom at Target or escort any of our offspring (who birth gender indicated as female). I wonder how other womyn members of of the forum are considering handling necessary biological activities while shopping at Target? :evil2:

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
We just stopped doing business with Target. There are alternatives.

My personal philosophy is this: if someone has completed gender reassignment surgery, then I guess I don't have a problem with them using the restroom appropriate to their gender assignment. But this whole self-identification business is bovine manure.

This is the opinion of Paul McHugh, MD, the University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School and the former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He is the author of The Mind Has Mountains: "Reflections on Society and Psychiatry".
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/06/15145/
What is needed now is public clamor for coherent science—biological and therapeutic science—examining the real effects of these efforts to “support” transgendering. Although much is made of a rare “intersex” individual, no evidence supports the claim that people such as Bruce Jenner have a biological source for their transgender assumptions. Plenty of evidence demonstrates that with him and most others, transgendering is a psychological rather than a biological matter.

In fact, gender dysphoria—the official psychiatric term for feeling oneself to be of the opposite sex—belongs in the family of similarly disordered assumptions about the body, such as anorexia nervosa and body dysmorphic disorder. Its treatment should not be directed at the body as with surgery and hormones any more than one treats obesity-fearing anorexic patients with liposuction. The treatment should strive to correct the false, problematic nature of the assumption and to resolve the psychosocial conflicts provoking it. With youngsters, this is best done in family therapy.
This article is the single most coherent thing I've ever read on the topic - and by the way, it absolutely confirms everything I've said about it all along. I'll take the scientific opinion of an MD in psychiatry who uses science instead of feelings to underpin his conclusions all day long before I'll accept the intellectually barren drivel that permeates the rest of the national discussion.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 8399
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#29

Post by Abraham » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:30 am

So one can "identify" which is simply using one's imagination, and being imaginative makes it so?

In other words, wishing/wanting it (whatever "it" is) is all it takes to make it happen?

This type of thinking is Orwellian.

Yes, I imagined it, thus it is so...

Though I wish I were a Golden Eagle, I can't lift off the ground and soar no matter how hard I imagine it.

No matter how I care to legitimize my wishes, I remain grounded.

Still I identify as a Golden Eagle and you better not mock me.
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3326
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Ladies Will You CC at Target?

#30

Post by rotor » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:40 am

All my wife cares about is clean restrooms. The edges of what is appropriate are being pushed. Next will be legalization of pedophilia.

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”