Email for Texas Parks and Wildlife

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 1

Email for Texas Parks and Wildlife

Post by locke_n_load »

Anyone have any idea who I should contact for the following issue? I tried to find a generic email for TPWD and could not find one on their site.

I was open carrying in Brazos Bend State Park and I went to the ranger station to pay for camping, and the ranger told me it was park policy that they only allowed conceal carry. I put my jacket over my handgun but told her I was puzzled since the park is state owned property and that I'm an instructor and know the law quite well. She just said it was their policy. I plan on emailing someone because I am very sure that 30.07 notice is not applicable at a state park in Texas. I don't believe the park is owned by the corps of Engineers either. I know the fines for signs law only currently applies to 30.06 notice, but I would still like for this issue to be corrected.

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder openly carries the handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Email for Texas Parks and Wildlife

Post by KLB »

Isn't it sweet that they have a policy.

When I was a young and more impressionable lawyer, a firm mortgage-servicing client asked me if they could adopt a policy increasing late fees and enforce the increased fees against the borrowers. I asked the client what would happen if a borrower had a policy against paying such fees.

It was a bummer for the client to be bound by the terms of the mortgages just as it's a bummer for TPWD to be bound by the law.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”