GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

Post by Ruark »

You know, I gotta ask.... regarding the question of whether he used bump stocks.... as I understand it, the gunfire in that incident was very rapid and machine-gun-like. If he didn't have any full-auto weapons, how else could he have fired in that manner?
-Ruark

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 8

Post by crazy2medic »

The guy had plenty of money! He could have had a machine gun! He could have illegally modified a rifle to fire fully auto! Just so many questions on this and we know nothing more about it than we did three days after the incident! Something is just not right!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Ruark wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:37 am You know, I gotta ask.... regarding the question of whether he used bump stocks.... as I understand it, the gunfire in that incident was very rapid and machine-gun-like. If he didn't have any full-auto weapons, how else could he have fired in that manner?
He very well could have used a bumpstocks. But, the “investigation” (in quotes, because it’s a joke) has yielded some, shall we say interesting possibilities - among them the possibility that Paddock was already dead on the floor, and someone else was firing the weapons. At the very least, there is a high probability that he had accomplices - some of whom have actually been named, but nothing has ever come of that. He (or whoever the real shooter/shooters was/were) fired multiple weapons in multiple calibers. And when you listen to the audio part of the various videos recorded, you can hear differences in caliber and rate of fire - the higher pitched “crack” of a 5.56 weapon, and the heavier “boom” of a .308 weapon. In fact, some .308 weapons were “recovered” from the hotel room the shooting allegedly took place from. Some people say that the rate of fire from one of the 5.56 weapons seemed to vary, as it might for a bumpfired weapon. Remember that, at the time, there were helicopters circling the event overhead, and some of the concert goers on the ground wondered if the shooting was coming from a chopper.

In this video, the first round of “automatic” fire sounds at one point almost like TWO guns firing:

About halfway though that video, the shooter pulls a full mag dump, the shooting pauses for not quite a second, and then there’s another burst of 3 or 4 rounds that follows, that sound different from the first dump, and are too quick to be a magazine change. It could be an interruption of bumpfire, and when it resumes his muzzle is pointed in another direction. Or it could be a second gunman.

Here’s what I DO know: law enforcement’s investigation is either a crappy job that leaves more questions than it answers; or it’s a coverup of some kind. The ambiguity is not good for us.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Bill Anderson

Post by Bill Anderson »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:07 pm Here’s what I DO know: law enforcement’s investigation is either a crappy job that leaves more questions than it answers; or it’s a coverup of some kind. The ambiguity is not good for us.
Very bad for us when fingering the real culprits is called "bashing" by the supporters of anti-constitutional big government.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mojo84 »

Bill Anderson wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:19 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:07 pm Here’s what I DO know: law enforcement’s investigation is either a crappy job that leaves more questions than it answers; or it’s a coverup of some kind. The ambiguity is not good for us.
Very bad for us when fingering the real culprits is called "bashing" by the supporters of anti-constitutional big government.
To whom are you referring to as "supporters of anti-constitutional big government"?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man

mojo84 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:55 pm
Bill Anderson wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:19 pm
To whom are you referring to as "supporters of anti-constitutional big government"?
I would suspect that he is referring to the political left, and some of its squishier enablers on the “right” who are big-gov’t “conservatives”....people like Bill Kristol, for example, who is no longer really a conservative.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mojo84 »

Guess I have overlooked where people are claiming there is "bashing" going on. I hope people on here aren't being referred to as "supporters of anti-constitutional big government". Was just curious where the poster has seen the bashing and who the "supporters of anti-constitutional big government" are in the poster's opinion.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon »

If you're going to commit mass murder with AR-15 pattern rifles, it's easy to make a few lightning links. That's also cheaper than buying bumpstocks and lightning links give a more consistent cyclic rate than bump firing.

However, if you're rogue government agents conducting a false flag operation to build political support for expanding your ongoing attacks on the bill of rights...
the die is cast

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I would think that we should be hearing something on this soon! 9 days before it goes into effect!
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

7 days and counting down! If this isn't a favorable ruling there won't be much time for an appeal

The Annoyed Man

If the federal courts do not invtervene and protect bumpstocks, I predict a rash of boating mishaps.

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”