FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Locked
User avatar

Topic author
OldCannon
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3045
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place)

FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#1

Post by OldCannon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm

This is probably too high-end for folks here, but I have an early production AK-47U (not -74) from the Waffen Werks/DDI team. This was back in the early manufacturing process when they spent time making sure everything worked smoothly (those of you that are familiar with WW/DDI know that both companies were ultimately acquired by Palmetto Armory).

This rifle was function-fired only, so it is being priced "as new". This model has the Tapco RAZR AK brake as well (which works very well). This AK under folder is the very definition of "perfect AK." (well, assuming you like under folders). The trigger pull is 4.5lbs. Yeah, 4.5, not "45" :lol:

Local buyers must show CHL/LTC. Non-local buyers must transfer through an FFL of their choice. If you require shipping, I will do that at cost.

Not really interested in trades. As a former FFL, I have all the guns I want to keep :tiphat: (On the other hand, I will tell you that it can't hurt you to try, but 99% likely I will say no). You can probably sway me if you have a 6.5 Creed, nice SIG, or 2011.
waffen_side1.JPG
waffen_side1.JPG
waffen_side1.JPG
(Um, admins -- why is the picture attachment stuff breaking? Is this a known bug? :grumble )
Attachments
waffen_3.jpg
waffen_side2.JPG
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

User avatar

narcissist
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:09 am

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#2

Post by narcissist » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:50 am

Like what see, can you go any lower on the price. If so pm me, thanks :tiphat:
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2675
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#3

Post by flechero » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm

OldCannon wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm
This is probably too high-end for folks here...
Interesting comment to lead with. :confused5

If I had enough interest in a really nice and unique AK, I could have bought it. (I've been back to the post a few times because it is such a unique AK) But in truth, suggesting "we" are a lower clientele might reduce people's interest...

:tiphat:

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 8353
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#4

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:17 pm

flechero wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm
OldCannon wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm
This is probably too high-end for folks here...
Interesting comment to lead with. :confused5

If I had enough interest in a really nice and unique AK, I could have bought it. (I've been back to the post a few times because it is such a unique AK) But in truth, suggesting "we" are a lower clientele might reduce people's interest...

:tiphat:
Speaking for myself, I did not take it as an insult. I have been on this forum for many years and can say that high end guns rarely if ever sell here. It just is what it is. Most of the firearms I have seen sold here over the years had to be priced below market value to sell. Including two that I recently sold(gave away) on the forum. I gave up getting fair value for convenience of a quick meet up and sell.

User avatar

Topic author
OldCannon
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3045
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place)

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#5

Post by OldCannon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:32 pm

flechero wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm
OldCannon wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm
This is probably too high-end for folks here...
Interesting comment to lead with. :confused5

If I had enough interest in a really nice and unique AK, I could have bought it. (I've been back to the post a few times because it is such a unique AK) But in truth, suggesting "we" are a lower clientele might reduce people's interest...

:tiphat:
Lots of people here know who I am, and my contributions to this forum, as well as an FFL to the Austin metro community. Your interpretation of my lead sentence is, to put it succinctly, incredulous. Next time, I’d invite you to ask what I meant in a PM, rather than jumping to conclusions so publicly. I have treated everyone in this forum with the utmost respect and kindness, but your statement is...disappointing. Having said that, I can, at a bit of a stretch, understand why people that do NOT know me here might wonder about my phrasing. It was apologetic, not condescending.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2675
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#6

Post by flechero » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 pm

OldCannon wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:32 pm
flechero wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm
OldCannon wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm
This is probably too high-end for folks here...
Interesting comment to lead with. :confused5

If I had enough interest in a really nice and unique AK, I could have bought it. (I've been back to the post a few times because it is such a unique AK) But in truth, suggesting "we" are a lower clientele might reduce people's interest...

:tiphat:
Lots of people here know who I am, and my contributions to this forum, as well as an FFL to the Austin metro community. Your interpretation of my lead sentence is, to put it succinctly, incredulous. Next time, I’d invite you to ask what I meant in a PM, rather than jumping to conclusions so publicly. I have treated everyone in this forum with the utmost respect and kindness, but your statement is...disappointing. Having said that, I can, at a bit of a stretch, understand why people that do NOT know me here might wonder about my phrasing. It was apologetic, not condescending.
I too have been here a long time. I never said you were being rude, nor did I jump to conclusion about your first post - I only said it was an interesting lead. Your interpretation of my post was as incorrect as you think mine was of yours. For the record, I was being sincere about interest in the gun, not snarky. I guess the hat-tipping emoji wasn't obvious enough.

User avatar

Topic author
OldCannon
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3045
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place)

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#7

Post by OldCannon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 pm

flechero wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 pm
For the record, I was being sincere about interest in the gun, not snarky. I guess the hat-tipping emoji wasn't obvious enough.
Ok. Guess I was a bit annoyed by you saying that I was speaking to a “lower clientele”. That’s completely outside my character.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.


mrvmax
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1763
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:16 pm
Location: Friendswood
Contact:

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#8

Post by mrvmax » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:07 pm

OldCannon wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 pm
flechero wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 pm
For the record, I was being sincere about interest in the gun, not snarky. I guess the hat-tipping emoji wasn't obvious enough.
“lower clientele”.
Somebody calling me?

User avatar

Topic author
OldCannon
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3045
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place)

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#9

Post by OldCannon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:14 pm

mrvmax wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:07 pm
OldCannon wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 pm
flechero wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 pm
For the record, I was being sincere about interest in the gun, not snarky. I guess the hat-tipping emoji wasn't obvious enough.
“lower clientele”.
Somebody calling me?
:smilelol5:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2675
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#10

Post by flechero » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 am

OldCannon wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 pm
flechero wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 pm
For the record, I was being sincere about interest in the gun, not snarky. I guess the hat-tipping emoji wasn't obvious enough.
Ok. Guess I was a bit annoyed by you saying that I was speaking to a “lower clientele”. That’s completely outside my character.
Understood and in hindsight, probably not the best choice of words on my part either.



Back to you selling the AK to mrvmax! :fire

User avatar

Topic author
OldCannon
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3045
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place)

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#11

Post by OldCannon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:57 am

flechero wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 am

Back to you selling the AK to mrvmax! :fire
Haha...I don't think Morgan wants to buy it from me :cool: He was my "FFL Mentor" many years ago.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25187
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#12

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:21 am

This is a sweet rifle! But I can’t decide if I’d prefer having this underfolder, or the Bulgarian one. But the only one I can "afford" is the one that’s close to the price of my .45-70 that desperately wants to live in your gun safe. :mrgreen:
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

Topic author
OldCannon
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3045
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place)

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#13

Post by OldCannon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:57 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:21 am
This is a sweet rifle! But I can’t decide if I’d prefer having this underfolder, or the Bulgarian one. But the only one I can "afford" is the one that’s close to the price of my .45-70 that desperately wants to live in your gun safe. :mrgreen:
Don’t take this the wrong way then, but I found a local guy who was willing to part with his Marlin guide gun for under $600 (admittedly, not a JM-proofed rifle)
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25187
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: FS: RARE milled American-made Waffen Werks AK-47 under folder w/3 mags $1780

#14

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:08 am

OldCannon wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:57 am
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:21 am
This is a sweet rifle! But I can’t decide if I’d prefer having this underfolder, or the Bulgarian one. But the only one I can "afford" is the one that’s close to the price of my .45-70 that desperately wants to live in your gun safe. :mrgreen:
Don’t take this the wrong way then, but I found a local guy who was willing to part with his Marlin guide gun for under $600 (admittedly, not a JM-proofed rifle)
No offense taken, but mine also included 118 rounds of ammo, plus 62 pieces of once-fired brass, and upgraded sights. Subtract the value of the ammo, and the rifle with upgraded sights is $633. But I’m selling it as a package because I’d have no use for the ammo and brass without the rifle. Anyway, I don’t want to hijack your thread any worse than I’ve already done. I wish I could afford this AK!
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

Locked

Return to “Closed Items”