Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

AndyC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10769
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Garland, TX

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#16

Post by AndyC » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:59 pm

Mine aren't for sale.
Remember Kitty Genovese

Image

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club, Iraq
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1819
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#17

Post by crazy2medic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:36 pm

striker55 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:20 pm
I guess he thinks being president makes him king!
Apparently he missed the part of history class where a King tried to take America's guns!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker


chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3698
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#18

Post by chasfm11 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:08 pm

It would be interesting to see what form the gun buyback takes. I'm more worried about today's news which includes the banning of magazines. Biden was talking about ANY magazine. Regarding rifles, would that include parts and go so far as 80% lowers?

All of the Democratic Presidential candidates are trying to dig around in the pile of horse manure that they call a party platform for a pony to ride. I dismiss them all offhand and on all subjects. It is the supposedly Republican and Conservative people that scare me. They seem to have little to no intestinal fortitude about anything they said that they believed in to get elected but suddenly come up with backbone at defending junk like this.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

User avatar

joe817
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 9303
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Arlington

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#19

Post by joe817 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm

It's just all empty rhetoric to seduce his kool aid drinking, mindless followers to vote for him.

Neither him nor his ridiculous campaign pledges are going anywhere. ;-)
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380


eyedoc
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 am

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#20

Post by eyedoc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:31 pm

troglodyte wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:32 pm
I just did some really quick and dirty research and math.

Between 2000-2914 5.7 million ARs were sold. At $500 each each that would be 3 trillion dollars.
Well, he did not say how much he would pay did he.

User avatar

Iunnrais
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:32 am
Location: Houston

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#21

Post by Iunnrais » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:36 pm

eyedoc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:31 pm
troglodyte wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:32 pm
I just did some really quick and dirty research and math.

Between 2000-2914 5.7 million ARs were sold. At $500 each each that would be 3 trillion dollars.
Well, he did not say how much he would pay did he.
I'd imagine that since they would all eventually be ground up and no 'legal' market to sell them as functioning firearms, he would say fair market price for scrap aluminum & steel. So maybe $0.30 for the upper/lower and $0.10 for the steel barrel. So he'd only need a few million USD for his buyback.
4-11-11 Packet Mailed
5-27-11 Plastic in hand (Postmark was 5-25-11)
46 Days Mailbox to Mailbox

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 25649
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#22

Post by The Annoyed Man » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:43 pm

chasfm11 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:08 pm
It would be interesting to see what form the gun buyback takes. I'm more worried about today's news which includes the banning of magazines. Biden was talking about ANY magazine. Regarding rifles, would that include parts and go so far as 80% lowers?

All of the Democratic Presidential candidates are trying to dig around in the pile of horse manure that they call a party platform for a pony to ride. I dismiss them all offhand and on all subjects. It is the supposedly Republican and Conservative people that scare me. They seem to have little to no intestinal fortitude about anything they said that they believed in to get elected but suddenly come up with backbone at defending junk like this.
They’d make it a $500 tax deduction for each gun ..... and then raise your taxes to offset the "loss". There would be no actual "payout". In other words, they’re going to TAKE your guns (they think), AND raise your taxes. And without your guns, you’ll no longer have the ability to back up your "H*** NO!" with a "leave or die".
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1005
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#23

Post by Grayling813 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:00 pm

“Participating in a gun buyback program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.”

– Clint Eastwood
Keep asking the question, “Cui bono?” (For whose benefit?)
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.”
~ Henry David Thoreau


powerboatr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: North East Texas

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#24

Post by powerboatr » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:26 pm

Grayling813 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:00 pm
“Participating in a gun buyback program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.”

– Clint Eastwood
dead on.

but for argument sake...it would take ATF most likely 5 years to even begin to figure who has what. it would be like prohibition all over again. so most would simply "hide" what they have and wait for the next round of elections or what not. imagine the HUGE new branch of ATF just to retrieve said weapons. we all know the FBI would be incompetent.

we would demand they round up illegal owners of weapons first....but how you ask...exactly they could not.
shamefully the poor guy that gets broken into and dispatches the bad guy would be in prison for failing to turn in his firearm

cross bow sales will skyrocket :biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy

User avatar

troglodyte
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1208
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: Hockley County
Contact:

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#25

Post by troglodyte » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:54 pm

Iunnrais wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:36 pm
eyedoc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:31 pm
troglodyte wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:32 pm
I just did some really quick and dirty research and math.

Between 2000-2914 5.7 million ARs were sold. At $500 each each that would be 3 trillion dollars.
Well, he did not say how much he would pay did he.
I'd imagine that since they would all eventually be ground up and no 'legal' market to sell them as functioning firearms, he would say fair market price for scrap aluminum & steel. So maybe $0.30 for the upper/lower and $0.10 for the steel barrel. So he'd only need a few million USD for his buyback.
Maybe not ground up. Maybe sold to other countries, via Fast and Furious. They would pay pennies on the dollar while making a killing on the black market.
Talon Firearms Training
License To Carry Instructor, School Safety Instructor
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home.
Stop The Bleed Instructor


justplanechris
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#26

Post by justplanechris » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:02 pm

joe817 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm
It's just all empty rhetoric to seduce his kool aid drinking, mindless followers to vote for him.

Neither him nor his ridiculous campaign pledges are going anywhere. ;-)
Don't be so quick to assume that voters won't fall for empty rhetoric and ridiculous campaign pledges. Remember "Mexico will pay for the wall?" :???:


Killadocg23
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:38 pm
Location: Corpus Christi/ Houston

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#27

Post by Killadocg23 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:24 pm

justplanechris wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:02 pm
joe817 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm
It's just all empty rhetoric to seduce his kool aid drinking, mindless followers to vote for him.

Neither him nor his ridiculous campaign pledges are going anywhere. ;-)
Don't be so quick to assume that voters won't fall for empty rhetoric and ridiculous campaign pledges. Remember "Mexico will pay for the wall?" :???:
Touché. Very good point. I wonder who all on the forum fell for this and is still believing it...


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#28

Post by TreyHouston » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Killadocg23 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:24 pm
justplanechris wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:02 pm
joe817 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm
It's just all empty rhetoric to seduce his kool aid drinking, mindless followers to vote for him.

Neither him nor his ridiculous campaign pledges are going anywhere. ;-)
Don't be so quick to assume that voters won't fall for empty rhetoric and ridiculous campaign pledges. Remember "Mexico will pay for the wall?" :???:
Touché. Very good point. I wonder who all on the forum fell for this and is still believing it...
I do wonder where El Chapo’s money went...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


cirus
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#29

Post by cirus » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:56 pm

I came into this world free and I'll go out the same way. :fire

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

#30

Post by Paladin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:01 am

Newsweek: Beto is still polling in bottom tier of candidates
in a three way tie for 9th place...
has steadily declined since announcing his candidacy
NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, GOA Life Member, VCDL Member

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”