Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


Topic author
Tex1961
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 971
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 am
Location: Frisco, Texas

Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#1

Post by Tex1961 »

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/alert- ... z62HXFdPQa

This is from an article on Ammoland...
Manufacturer of firearm related accessories and custom laser engraving
Texas LTC Instructor / NRA Pistol Instructor / RSO
WWW.TEJASPRODUCTS.COM
User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Let's assume that the organizers are all 100% competent, capable folks. The thing that scares me is that a veritable call to arms like this will attract a fair share of Derps and Fudds, violating the rule against going armed into places where violence can be expected (from antifa and their ilk).

Nevertheless, I find myself enticed to lend a hand.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

kayt00
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: DFW Area

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#3

Post by kayt00 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:23 am Let's assume that the organizers are all 100% competent, capable folks. The thing that scares me is that a veritable call to arms like this will attract a fair share of Derps and Fudds, violating the rule against going armed into places where violence can be expected (from antifa and their ilk).

Nevertheless, I find myself enticed to lend a hand.
:iagree:
I just want to see the protesters first hand. Odds are that I won't get in to see and listen to POTUS but it would be interesting to go nonetheless.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3807
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#4

Post by chasfm11 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:23 am Let's assume that the organizers are all 100% competent, capable folks. The thing that scares me is that a veritable call to arms like this will attract a fair share of Derps and Fudds, violating the rule against going armed into places where violence can be expected (from antifa and their ilk).

Nevertheless, I find myself enticed to lend a hand.
The problem is the one we faced at the NRA convention in Dallas. We had tickets for the Executive sessions - and then the President became one of the speakers. There was no where to put our guns while in the meeting hall where they weren't going to be allowed so we ended up going to the convention unarmed, traveling by rail to get there. As long as you don't plan on going in side, it should be OK. AAC has those big screens outside and and if you can get into the plaza to watch the Trump Rally, you will probably get a better view than the nose-bleed seats inside the arena. Given the Dallas area history of counter protests, I predict with 100% certainty that there will be counter protestors at this one. It remains to be seen about how many and how violent they try to become. I have little confidence in Chief Hall's commitment to keep Trump supporters safe.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero
User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7520
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#5

Post by anygunanywhere »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:23 am Let's assume that the organizers are all 100% competent, capable folks. The thing that scares me is that a veritable call to arms like this will attract a fair share of Derps and Fudds, violating the rule against going armed into places where violence can be expected (from antifa and their ilk).

Nevertheless, I find myself enticed to lend a hand.
Oathkeepers is vetting all of the volunteers. Oathkeepers provided security in Minneapolis for the rally and were also in El Paso for the Antifa boondoggle. Oathkeepers provided security in Missouri during the festivities after the shooting there. You have not heard any stories of Oathkeepers going ape during the events and I assure you that you most certainly would hear about it because the communist media would be all over it. All you hear is silence because the communists are the once going full on ape poop.
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood
User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#6

Post by RoyGBiv »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:09 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:23 am Let's assume that the organizers are all 100% competent, capable folks. The thing that scares me is that a veritable call to arms like this will attract a fair share of Derps and Fudds, violating the rule against going armed into places where violence can be expected (from antifa and their ilk).

Nevertheless, I find myself enticed to lend a hand.
Oathkeepers is vetting all of the volunteers. Oathkeepers provided security in Minneapolis for the rally and were also in El Paso for the Antifa boondoggle. Oathkeepers provided security in Missouri during the festivities after the shooting there. You have not heard any stories of Oathkeepers going ape during the events and I assure you that you most certainly would hear about it because the communist media would be all over it. All you hear is silence because the communists are the once going full on ape poop.
Having zero experience volunteering as an armed participant in something like this (my volunteer work with the local PD does not allow bearing arms), I'm inclined towards considering some HAM or other work, to build some trust for how well vetting is actually accomplished.

This bit in particular worries me from the OP link.. emphasis mine, below. Again... not casting aspersions on anyone or any organization... just that my inner dialogue is trying to balance having no LE authority, breaking a rule to avoid conflict when it's entirely avoidable, but wanting to find out more about the folks involved in these events.
If you are the leader of a motorcycle club, riding club, association, or group that is interested in helping with security, or the leader of a squared away, professional three percent group, firearms association, or other patriot group, please email us at the same oathkeepersok@gmail.com email, but please add “Security Leader” in the subject line and tell us who you are with (we will trust you to vet your own men).
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek
User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7520
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#7

Post by anygunanywhere »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:30 am
anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:09 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:23 am Let's assume that the organizers are all 100% competent, capable folks. The thing that scares me is that a veritable call to arms like this will attract a fair share of Derps and Fudds, violating the rule against going armed into places where violence can be expected (from antifa and their ilk).

Nevertheless, I find myself enticed to lend a hand.
Oathkeepers is vetting all of the volunteers. Oathkeepers provided security in Minneapolis for the rally and were also in El Paso for the Antifa boondoggle. Oathkeepers provided security in Missouri during the festivities after the shooting there. You have not heard any stories of Oathkeepers going ape during the events and I assure you that you most certainly would hear about it because the communist media would be all over it. All you hear is silence because the communists are the once going full on ape poop.
Having zero experience volunteering as an armed participant in something like this (my volunteer work with the local PD does not allow bearing arms), I'm inclined towards considering some HAM or other work, to build some trust for how well vetting is actually accomplished.

This bit in particular worries me from the OP link.. emphasis mine, below. Again... not casting aspersions on anyone or any organization... just that my inner dialogue is trying to balance having no LE authority, breaking a rule to avoid conflict when it's entirely avoidable, but wanting to find out more about the folks involved in these events.
If you are the leader of a motorcycle club, riding club, association, or group that is interested in helping with security, or the leader of a squared away, professional three percent group, firearms association, or other patriot group, please email us at the same oathkeepersok@gmail.com email, but please add “Security Leader” in the subject line and tell us who you are with (we will trust you to vet your own men).
The security volunteers will not be armed.
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood

crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2115
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#8

Post by crazy2medic »

There is No Way I would do this without at least my baton, prefer to be armed with my Para
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#9

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

It is a big ask to provide security without carrying protection.
User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#10

Post by RoyGBiv »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pmThe security volunteers will not be armed.
From about 6-7 paragraphs down the OP link... I assumed the plan would be similar here, but, you know what happens when you assume.
We had multiple four-man escort teams out, made up of both armed (MN CCW credentialed and carrying concealed) and unarmed security escort volunteers.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek
User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7520
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#11

Post by anygunanywhere »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:51 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pmThe security volunteers will not be armed.
From about 6-7 paragraphs down the OP link... I assumed the plan would be similar here, but, you know what happens when you assume.
We had multiple four-man escort teams out, made up of both armed (MN CCW credentialed and carrying concealed) and unarmed security escort volunteers.
Thank you for that. That is different from information I received from Oathkeepers. I would have had a problem with being called security under Texas law while armed under my LTC. I’m not sure that would fly.
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood

hondo44
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#12

Post by hondo44 »

I'm trying to make it over there to help provide security. If I go to the rally I'll be wearing my red "Where's Beau?" shirt.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB
User avatar

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Deep East Texas

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#13

Post by flintknapper »

hondo44 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:16 pm I'm trying to make it over there to help provide security. If I go to the rally I'll be wearing my red "Where's Beau?" shirt.
No doubt. :roll:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!
User avatar

Vol Texan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2141
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#14

Post by Vol Texan »

hondo44 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:16 pm I'm trying to make it over there to help provide security. If I go to the rally I'll be wearing my red "Where's Beau?" shirt.
Tasteless
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry
User avatar

Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Alert! Volunteers needed to protect Trump Supporters at Dallas Rally

#15

Post by Grayling813 »

hondo44 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:16 pm I'm trying to make it over there to help provide security. If I go to the rally I'll be wearing my red "Where's Beau?" shirt.
Excellent idea, a target to distract the protesters!
The protesters can kick your butt while everyone else goes home safe. :biggrinjester:
"If safety requires us to indefinitely forfeit the most valuable parts of our lives, what exactly are we trying to save?"
~ A.J. Kay
Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”