Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 91
Posts: 1895
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3961

Post by TreyHouston »

Fauci said ON CAMERA was asked about the projection numbers in a Fox interview. He said, “Projections on this virus and others have ALWAYS been wrong, not by a little, but a lot”!

SOMETHING YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME YESTERDAY! - Adam Sandler
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1401
Posts: 13613
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3962

Post by philip964 »

Trump hammered in morning MSM tv.

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1401
Posts: 13613
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3963

Post by philip964 »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... er/607969/

Atlantic hit piece - Trump presidency is over.

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1401
Posts: 13613
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3964

Post by philip964 »

https://apnews.com/ba9578acf23bdb03fd51a2b81f640560

Trump says something about authority to open up country again.

State governors apparently differ.

Everyone seems to grab more authority than they actually have.

From mayors on up.

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1401
Posts: 13613
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3965

Post by philip964 »

https://www.eagleslant.com/trumps-press ... ges-today/

A Drudge alternative, Eagle Slant.

Trump’s press briefing was for the ages. Plays a video of Nancy Pelosi at a China parade.

Yes same press briefing as the previous story above from the Main Headline on Drudge.

TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 91
Posts: 1895
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3966

Post by TreyHouston »

philip964 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:14 pm https://www.eagleslant.com/trumps-press ... ges-today/

A Drudge alternative, Eagle Slant.

Trump’s press briefing was for the ages. Plays a video of Nancy Pelosi at a China parade.

Yes same press briefing as the previous story above from the Main Headline on Drudge.
How is it that reporters can talk to the president like that. So disrespectful. Most other countries they would either vanish or be put in prison
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

srothstein
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 30
Posts: 4611
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Luling, TX

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3967

Post by srothstein »

philip964 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:50 pm https://apnews.com/ba9578acf23bdb03fd51a2b81f640560

Trump says something about authority to open up country again.

State governors apparently differ.
I found this one to be an interesting argument. If Trump cannot issue orders to close (and he did not, just guidelines), then he can't issue orders to open. But he has the authority to tell the governors exactly what to do with business. The governors are claiming the Tenth Amendment stops Trump. They apparently missed that he is working based on federal emergency laws passed by Congress. And thanks to the Constitution and, IMO the worst case ever decided by SCOTUS, Congress has that authority to give him. They need to read the Interstate Commerce clause and the Wickard decision.

But there is another interesting logical problem. If opening the businesses is the governor's responsibility, then the response from the start was their responsibility. Trump did not muff the initial response at all, if they are right. And if Trump is right, then any fault with the initial response comes back to him. You cannot fairly blame him for not responding if he doesn't have authority to control the response.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1401
Posts: 13613
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3968

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-announces- ... 50658.html

Trump announces halt to funding to WHO, blames them and China for the whole mess.
User avatar

joe817
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9308
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Arlington

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3969

Post by joe817 »

srothstein wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:32 am
philip964 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:50 pm https://apnews.com/ba9578acf23bdb03fd51a2b81f640560

Trump says something about authority to open up country again.

State governors apparently differ.
I found this one to be an interesting argument. If Trump cannot issue orders to close (and he did not, just guidelines), then he can't issue orders to open. But he has the authority to tell the governors exactly what to do with business. The governors are claiming the Tenth Amendment stops Trump. They apparently missed that he is working based on federal emergency laws passed by Congress. And thanks to the Constitution and, IMO the worst case ever decided by SCOTUS, Congress has that authority to give him. They need to read the Interstate Commerce clause and the Wickard decision.

But there is another interesting logical problem. If opening the businesses is the governor's responsibility, then the response from the start was their responsibility. Trump did not muff the initial response at all, if they are right. And if Trump is right, then any fault with the initial response comes back to him. You cannot fairly blame him for not responding if he doesn't have authority to control the response.
As always Steve, you give me great pause to consider your words. I was hoping that our current POTUS would be a guiding light that would carry us through these dark times. However, in good conscience, my hope has become very jaded because of his constantly changing stances of what he considers important to him at his moment. The constant changing of the guard of key positions in his cabinet and administration, gives me pause to consider. I have never seen so many key people in an administration of any President of the United States, change so frequently. And I have to ask myself.....why? IMHO it is because those key people simply just did not agree with him.

I was particularly disturbed and embarrassed by his proclamation at yesterday's coronavirus press conference that "he" was the absolute authority(and no one else) to control the destiny of this great Nation. NO. He does not! The ultimate control rests with the individual States. And that control rests with the Governors of each State.

For the United States, and to each State, individually, to acquiescence to his proclamation that the ultimate authority that governs this sovereign nation rests SOLELY with him, is to repeat....I'll say it again...repeat, EXACTLY what the German people did in Hitler's rise to power in March of 1933 after the Reichstag adopted the Enabling Act of 1933 in that month, giving expanded authority. President Paul von Hindenburg had already appointed Hitler as Chancellor on 30 January 1933 after a series of parliamentary elections and associated backroom intrigues. And we all know, and the rest of the world what ensued in the nightmare that developed into WWII.

THAT, my friends, is what give me great cause for alarm.

God Bless the Texas an the United States of America! :patriot: :txflag:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

seph
Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:01 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3970

Post by seph »

joe817 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:29 pm
srothstein wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:32 am
philip964 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:50 pm https://apnews.com/ba9578acf23bdb03fd51a2b81f640560

Trump says something about authority to open up country again.

State governors apparently differ.
I found this one to be an interesting argument. If Trump cannot issue orders to close (and he did not, just guidelines), then he can't issue orders to open. But he has the authority to tell the governors exactly what to do with business. The governors are claiming the Tenth Amendment stops Trump. They apparently missed that he is working based on federal emergency laws passed by Congress. And thanks to the Constitution and, IMO the worst case ever decided by SCOTUS, Congress has that authority to give him. They need to read the Interstate Commerce clause and the Wickard decision.

But there is another interesting logical problem. If opening the businesses is the governor's responsibility, then the response from the start was their responsibility. Trump did not muff the initial response at all, if they are right. And if Trump is right, then any fault with the initial response comes back to him. You cannot fairly blame him for not responding if he doesn't have authority to control the response.
As always Steve, you give me great pause to consider your words. I was hoping that our current POTUS would be a guiding light that would carry us through these dark times. However, in good conscience, my hope has become very jaded because of his constantly changing stances of what he considers important to him at his moment. The constant changing of the guard of key positions in his cabinet and administration, gives me pause to consider. I have never seen so many key people in an administration of any President of the United States, change so frequently. And I have to ask myself.....why? IMHO it is because those key people simply just did not agree with him.

I was particularly disturbed and embarrassed by his proclamation at yesterday's coronavirus press conference that "he" was the absolute authority(and no one else) to control the destiny of this great Nation. NO. He does not! The ultimate control rests with the individual States. And that control rests with the Governors of each State.

For the United States, and to each State, individually, to acquiescence to his proclamation that the ultimate authority that governs this sovereign nation rests SOLELY with him, is to repeat....I'll say it again...repeat, EXACTLY what the German people did in Hitler's rise to power in March of 1933 after the Reichstag adopted the Enabling Act of 1933 in that month, giving expanded authority. President Paul von Hindenburg had already appointed Hitler as Chancellor on 30 January 1933 after a series of parliamentary elections and associated backroom intrigues. And we all know, and the rest of the world what ensued in the nightmare that developed into WWII.

THAT, my friends, is what give me great cause for alarm.

God Bless the Texas an the United States of America! :patriot: :txflag:
"he" was the absolute authority(and no one else) to control the destiny of this great Nation.
Trump never said this. Fake news. He said he has the authority to reopen the economy regardless of what the governors want. The economy shutdown was unconstitutional and he does have the authority and the obligation to restore our constitutional rights. He, along with all elected officials, have the absolute authority to protect and restore our constitutional rights.

Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 35
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3971

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

joe817 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:29 pm
srothstein wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:32 am
philip964 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:50 pm https://apnews.com/ba9578acf23bdb03fd51a2b81f640560

Trump says something about authority to open up country again.

State governors apparently differ.
I found this one to be an interesting argument. If Trump cannot issue orders to close (and he did not, just guidelines), then he can't issue orders to open. But he has the authority to tell the governors exactly what to do with business. The governors are claiming the Tenth Amendment stops Trump. They apparently missed that he is working based on federal emergency laws passed by Congress. And thanks to the Constitution and, IMO the worst case ever decided by SCOTUS, Congress has that authority to give him. They need to read the Interstate Commerce clause and the Wickard decision.

But there is another interesting logical problem. If opening the businesses is the governor's responsibility, then the response from the start was their responsibility. Trump did not muff the initial response at all, if they are right. And if Trump is right, then any fault with the initial response comes back to him. You cannot fairly blame him for not responding if he doesn't have authority to control the response.
As always Steve, you give me great pause to consider your words. I was hoping that our current POTUS would be a guiding light that would carry us through these dark times. However, in good conscience, my hope has become very jaded because of his constantly changing stances of what he considers important to him at his moment. The constant changing of the guard of key positions in his cabinet and administration, gives me pause to consider. I have never seen so many key people in an administration of any President of the United States, change so frequently. And I have to ask myself.....why? IMHO it is because those key people simply just did not agree with him.

I was particularly disturbed and embarrassed by his proclamation at yesterday's coronavirus press conference that "he" was the absolute authority(and no one else) to control the destiny of this great Nation. NO. He does not! The ultimate control rests with the individual States. And that control rests with the Governors of each State.

For the United States, and to each State, individually, to acquiescence to his proclamation that the ultimate authority that governs this sovereign nation rests SOLELY with him, is to repeat....I'll say it again...repeat, EXACTLY what the German people did in Hitler's rise to power in March of 1933 after the Reichstag adopted the Enabling Act of 1933 in that month, giving expanded authority. President Paul von Hindenburg had already appointed Hitler as Chancellor on 30 January 1933 after a series of parliamentary elections and associated backroom intrigues. And we all know, and the rest of the world what ensued in the nightmare that developed into WWII.

THAT, my friends, is what give me great cause for alarm.

God Bless the Texas an the United States of America! :patriot: :txflag:
So you've capitulated to the whole "Trump is literally Hitler!" rhetoric? Congrats.
User avatar

Vol Texan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 2148
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3972

Post by Vol Texan »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:54 am
So you've capitulated to the whole "Trump is literally Hitler!" rhetoric? Congrats.


Image
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1401
Posts: 13613
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3973

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps ... ans-report

Trumps signature to appear on stimulus check.

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1401
Posts: 13613
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3974

Post by philip964 »

https://www.eagleslant.com/one-graph-to ... s-numbers/

China’s preposterous Coronavirus numbers.

https://news.yahoo.com/without-supplyin ... 39615.html

With out supplying evidence Trump says China has more Coronavirus deaths than the US.

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1401
Posts: 13613
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3975

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/18/media/ma ... index.html

Trump fires at Matt Drudge. Matt Drudge fires back highest volume in history.

Sorry Matt I only occasionally visit now. I'm treating you like the NYT or Washington Post.
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”