NY: No place but New York City

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 64
Posts: 14583
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#61

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/A1EMt5gswQpOCk37SgRV7hg

Parolee who spent 14 years behind bars for murder, murders 3 in botched robbery. Another woman is severely wounded.

In New York only the criminals have guns.

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 64
Posts: 14583
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#62

Post by philip964 »

https://abc7ny.com/grocery-store-worker ... g/6212186/

Grocery store worker was attacked a by a man with a knife in the store. I am assuming the man attempted to kill him.

He defended himself with one of the freedoms granted in the bill of rights and was arrested by police afterwards.
User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2946
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#63

Post by Flightmare »

philip964 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:33 pm https://abc7ny.com/grocery-store-worker ... g/6212186/

Grocery store worker was attacked a by a man with a knife in the store. I am assuming the man attempted to kill him.

He defended himself with one of the freedoms guaranteed in the bill of rights and was arrested by police afterwards.
Fixed it for you
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 64
Posts: 14583
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#64

Post by philip964 »

Flightmare wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:57 pm
philip964 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:33 pm https://abc7ny.com/grocery-store-worker ... g/6212186/

Grocery store worker was attacked a by a man with a knife in the store. I am assuming the man attempted to kill him.

He defended himself with one of the freedoms guaranteed in the bill of rights and was arrested by police afterwards.
Fixed it for you
Thank you.

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 64
Posts: 14583
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#65

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/enraged-york-dri ... 59351.html

Man with blades attached to his arms arrested for frightening protestors.
User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2946
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#66

Post by Flightmare »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:59 pm https://news.yahoo.com/enraged-york-dri ... 59351.html

Man with blades attached to his arms arrested for frightening protestors.
No more Mr Knife (nice) guy? :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 64
Posts: 14583
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#67

Post by philip964 »

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/michae ... n-to-play/

Mayor orders playground gates welded in Jewish neighborhood one day after a gigantic black trans lives matter protest.

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 64
Posts: 14583
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#68

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/n ... h/2483376/

Criminal Justice system imploding. Homicides hit 5 year high. 24 percent increase in murders.
User avatar

Rafe
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 881
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Htown

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#69

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:29 pm https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/n ... h/2483376/

Criminal Justice system imploding. Homicides hit 5 year high. 24 percent increase in murders.
The answer? Defund the police, of course.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar
User avatar

Rafe
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 881
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Htown

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#70

Post by Rafe »

Mayor De Blasio agrees to cut $1 billion from New York police budget

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ice-budget
The mayor said that his office's proposal included $500 million intended to go towards youth centers and New York City Housing Authority developments.

De Blasio's proposal also calls for moving schools safety agents, which wear police uniforms, to the Department of Education and canceling a July class of about 1,100 new recruits.
Meanwhile, back in a little place I like to call The Real World, the NYPD reports that, for the month of May, murders are up by 79%, shootings up by 64%, and burglaries up by 34%. Over the past week alone, there was a 342% (not a typo) increase in shootings over the same period in 2019, and a 414% increase in the number of people shot. There were 38 shooting victims within a 72-hour period over the weekend.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/de-b ... eople-shot

But take heart all ye frightened New Yorkers, whose economy won't recover for years to come. De Blasio will move a half billion dollars from the police to new basketball courts at youth centers. That's certain to keep you safer than having more and better-trained law enforcement officers.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar
User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4878
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#71

Post by ScottDLS »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:08 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:59 pm https://news.yahoo.com/enraged-york-dri ... 59351.html

Man with blades attached to his arms arrested for frightening protestors.
No more Mr Knife (nice) guy? :biggrinjester:
You're sick....you're obscene....no more Mister Knife guy... -Alice Cooper :lol:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#72

Post by striker55 »

NYPD to call in sick with the "blue flu" for 4th July weekend. Record number of officer's putting in for retirement. No overtime money.

srothstein
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4771
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Luling, TX

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#73

Post by srothstein »

striker55 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:02 am NYPD to call in sick with the "blue flu" for 4th July weekend. Record number of officer's putting in for retirement. No overtime money.
There have been some calls for a national blu flu sick-out on July 3rd ,4th, and 5th. In some areas, I can fully understand this attitude. In many cases, it is a fear of people turning on them. I can even understand the people who say to give them a taste of what defunding the police really means.

The good news for America is that, at least on the forums I am in, most officers are saying no to it. The comments include that they would not consider leaving the good people unprotected, that they did not become cops to be liked but did it to help, and unfortunately the honest "No thanks, I need my job". I wish more cops were more enthusiastic about the first two reasons than the third though.

I doubt NYPD will see a significant reduction in patrols this weekend. Unless their union calls for the illegal strike that is.
Steve Rothstein

striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: NY: No place but New York City

#74

Post by striker55 »

srothstein wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:08 pm
striker55 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:02 am NYPD to call in sick with the "blue flu" for 4th July weekend. Record number of officer's putting in for retirement. No overtime money.
There have been some calls for a national blu flu sick-out on July 3rd ,4th, and 5th. In some areas, I can fully understand this attitude. In many cases, it is a fear of people turning on them. I can even understand the people who say to give them a taste of what defunding the police really means.

The good news for America is that, at least on the forums I am in, most officers are saying no to it. The comments include that they would not consider leaving the good people unprotected, that they did not become cops to be liked but did it to help, and unfortunately the honest "No thanks, I need my job". I wish more cops were more enthusiastic about the first two reasons than the third though.

I doubt NYPD will see a significant reduction in patrols this weekend. Unless their union calls for the illegal strike that is.
Problem is the mayor doesn't support the police. Mayor was helping paint BLM in the street, slap in the face to the police. Don't know what he thinks, the protesters will respect him? Don't think so.
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”