Here's a brief summary of Rules 13, 14 & 18:
1. Don't post anything for sale, or advertise training classes, until you have 45 posts. ("Me too" posts to run up post count will be deleted.)
2. If over 40% of a Members posts are in the Market Sections, they will be blocked from posting in those sections or listing classes.
3. All items listed for sale (including classes) must state an asking price.
4. Links to another website for the item are not permitted, but a link to your website concerning classes is fine.
5. Do not post more than one class of the same type at a time; ex. two different CHL classes. Posting different classes is fine (ex. 1 CHL & 1 NRA class).
5. If your signature line has a link to your website, or any commercial site, a backlink to TexasCHLforum.com must be on that website, or in your signature line on the other website if it is not under your control.
6. Business logos cannot be used in signature lines or as an avatar.
7. Business names cannot be used as usernames.
Over the years, I've had numerous requests to allow advertising and to purchase the TexasCHLforum. Some of those offers have been very tempting, but I do not want the Forum to be commercialized. The market sections are here for our Members convenience, not to provide free advertising for people conducting business. I must confess that I'm growing less tolerant of people ignoring the market section rules, so please take this warning seriously, if you are one of the few to whom this post is directed.
TexasCHLforum Rules wrote:TexasCHLforum is non-commercial!! With limited exceptions set out below in Rules 13, 14 & 18, do not advertise your business.
13. Posting items for sale/trade in the Market Section Except for the FFL subsection, the Market is intended solely for participating members (posts, not money) of TexasCHLforum.com. It was created as a courtesy to, and for the convenience of, our members, not as an open forum for marketing. Members must reach "Member" status, i.e. 45 posts, before posting anything for sale in the Market Section. (The transition from "Junior Member" to "Member" is done automatically.) If the majority of a Member's posts are in the market sections, they will be blocked from posting items for sale. Further, "for sale" posts cannot have a link to an auction website or any other website and all posts must list an asking price. All purchasers are strongly encouraged to get the full name, address and telephone number of a seller before purchasing an item and to verify that information. Refusal to provide that information to a purchaser will result in the seller being banned. If your signature line or the post contains a link to your website or any commercial website, a backlink to TexasCHLforum.com must be included in the linked site.
To avoid "for sale' threads from becoming stale, all threads will be locked and moved to the Closed section one month after the first post. Sellers, please edit the subject line to add "CLOSED" if the item is sold or withdrawn.
14. Posting classes in the Instructors, Classes & Training section. All posts in the Instructors, Classes & Training section must meet the requirements of Forum Rule 13. Post only one class at a time. If you have a website, you must post a link to the TexasCHLforum.com.
18. Business logos and use of business names as user names are prohibited Do not use a logo in signature lines, as an avatar, or in the body of posts. (Logos can be included in the body of a post, if it is germane to the subject matter of a post that is not commercial in nature.) This rule does not prohibit placing a link to your business website in your signature line once you have 45 meaningful posts, but such links must be in default font size. At no point can you use your business name as your username.