Walker, Texas Ranger, Trial By Fire.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Walker, Texas Ranger, Trial By Fire.

Post by HighVelocity »

Did anyone watch this 2 hour Chrysler commercial last night? I did.
It was painful to watch, bad acting and a lot of Hollywood gun play hokey pokey.
Finally, in the last 30 minutes of the show there were two events that depicted major characters using handguns to overcome superior fighting skills and win the fight. Basically Chuck was getting a severe beat down and used his Beretta to end it by killing the BG. In the other scene a female Ranger (forget her name) was about to be killed in fair park when a BG was holding her head under water and she used her backup gun to kill him.
At this point I'm thinking OK, two strong scenes depicting handguns saving lives but the producers threw it all away.
In the final scene they show a bad guy walking into the Dallas courthouse with a handgun and (apparently) killing Walkers wife in a gun fight with Rangers in the Lobby. :x

I am not particularly a fan of the Walker TV series but my son loves it and the show usually has positive messages for young children. Not this time. A lot of blood in this one. I guess that's why the network chose to run it from 9 to 11 on a Sunday night. (so young ones wouldn't see it).

It could've been good but thanks to a weak story line and bad production, it was not.

BobCat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BobCat »

Can't believe I'm shooting my mouth off like this, but I have to say I always despised the TV series. Saw it several times before I realized it always ended with Walker beating / kicking the living snot of out the BG - inflicting severe punishment - instead of just arresting the guy. Seemed like some sort of Hollywood catharsis, but ignored the idea that LEO is supposed to arrest and bring in for trial, not punish, the miscreant.

I've had people tell me that they will not carry because they "don't want to take the law into their own hands," or "killing someone for robbing me is too much punishment." I answer that it is taking responsibility for your well-being (not the law) into your own hands; and that you are not trying to punish anyone by shooting them to keep them from hurting you, you are stopping them from hurting you.

Oh - and no, I didn't watch the movie last night.

Regards,
Andrew
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

TV is for people who can't handle REALITY !
javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I dunno...I think Chuck's a pretty cool guy...He's been around and done alot...And all that martial arts isn't fake...

I do think a ton of his stuff he did in Film and TV is pretty silly...And he probably would agree...

His best stuff was when Bruce kicked his asterix a long time ago...

And even though it was pretty silly, I kinda liked "Lone Wolf McQuaid"...

David Carradine can make anyone look good while he's kicking you around...

Don't get me going about the Delta Farce films...

I bet if someone could locate and contact him he'd come to the PSC day...hehehe
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

RioShooter

Post by RioShooter »

How did the BG in the last scene get into the building. Don't all courthouses have metal detectors at the door. The Cameron County Courthouse does.

Topic author
HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

RioShooter wrote:How did the BG in the last scene get into the building. Don't all courthouses have metal detectors at the door. The Cameron County Courthouse does.
That's exactly what I said to my wife at the time. The Tarrant Co. courthouse has a metal detector so I'm sure the Dallas Co courthouse does as well.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

stevie_d_64 wrote: I bet if someone could locate and contact him he'd come to the PSC day...hehehe
He has a ranch in my home town of navasota - I used to see him at the grocery store alot. He's short.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

gigag04 wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote: I bet if someone could locate and contact him he'd come to the PSC day...hehehe
He has a ranch in my home town of navasota - I used to see him at the grocery store alot. He's short.
Betcha won't tell that to his face!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

one eyed fatman
Banned

Post by one eyed fatman »

His movies stink but I bet he could kick my ass. :D

Kyle Brown

Post by Kyle Brown »

RioShooter wrote:How did the BG in the last scene get into the building. Don't all courthouses have metal detectors at the door. The Cameron County Courthouse does.
Taylor County removed the metal detectors at the courthouse some time ago. I think it was just before the 30.06 signs were removed. BTW, the 30.06 signs were replaced with what some around here called a "46.03" sign. Last month, one of my students mentioned those signs have now been removed.

sensei

Post by sensei »

We are really talking about two differant subjects.

Walker, Texas Ranger is a figment of someone's imagination. Chuck is well aware of this and makes no pretence otherwise. It is how he makes money and promotes some of his other ventures. He does try to control the content, and keep it wholsome, as best he can.

Chuck Norris the man is another subject entirely. He is a VERY nice guy. Always takes time to speak to everyone he can, certainly the children. He has done a FANTISTIC job with some of his in school programs against drugs. I have a couple of students who teach his afterschool programs and he checked them out throughly and teaches them his art personally thru seminars.

Chuck Norris the competor:
He came up through the Martial Arts at a time when things were old school. In those days when you went to a tournament you were either a Black Belt or you were not. Pads were pretty much useless. Didn't have all the divisions we have now. The way you scored a point was to deliver a technique that would stop your opponent. I still have some bumps and bruises from those old tournaments.

I promise you he deserves eveyone of the trophys, titles, and the praise he has recieved. He just kicked everones's butt. Pretty much at will.

Probably more than you wanted to know.

Not that it has happened here but, I hear some bad information out here sometimes. Just wanted to express my opinion.

sensei

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I saw a program profiling Mr. Norris' life, I believe on A&E. His mother raised him and his 2 brothers. His father was not around. They lived at the poverty level using food stamps etc. They did have a loving home life; His mom is IMHO, a saint for raising a family on her own. One of Chuck's brother's was killed in action in Viet Nam. If it wasn't for the loving support of his other brother, his mother, and the strong work ethic and character instilled in Chuck by his mother, he would not have handled the loss.

A truly amazing man.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”