S&W 3913LS Opinions?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
DragonKat
Posts in topic: 2

S&W 3913LS Opinions?

Post by DragonKat »

Has anyone ever used the S&W 3913LS? What are your opinions?

I am still looking for the "perfect" carry pistol. I have a Kel-Tec P32 and a Glock 26. The P32 seems too small while the Glock is difficult to conceal (at least for me) unless I carry it in my purse. Problem being, I'm not really a purse person unless I'm dressing up for church or something like that.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Welcome to the forum! I shot a friend's a few years ago, but we didn't shoot enough to give you anything approaching a range report. Hopefully, others on the forum can give you more information. The few rounds I fired were without any failures.

Regards,
Chas.

gigag04

Re: S&W 3913LS Opinions?

Post by gigag04 »

DragonKat wrote: I am still looking for the "perfect" carry pistol. I
Everyone knows the perfect carry pistol is a kimber ultra series.

:lol:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I don't have a 3913LS but, I do own a regular 3913 it is an awesome handgun. It's light, accurate, reliable, conceals easily and is easy to shoot. I load mine with 124 gr +P Golden Saber and feel more than adequately armed.

I can't recommend the 3913/908 series of S&W autos highly enough. The 908 is a "value" version of the 3913 that sells for a couple of hundred less than the LS version.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

PPM

Post by PPM »

Don't know that there IS such a thing as the "perfect carry pistol." I already carry a S&W 1911Sc. Thought IT was perfect — until the grip poked here and there. I'm now on a quest for a Kimber Ultra CDP because of it's shorter grip...and barrel...while keepin' the same knock-down power.

Sorry. I haven't shot the S&W 3913LS. Certainly wish you the best of luck on your quest, though!
PPM
(Pistol Packin' Momma)
Otherwise known as "Dickson"
Thunder Tactical Shooters

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

All the S&W single stack 9mm's are excellent pistols. Real bargains in today's market imho.

dws1117

Re: S&W 3913LS Opinions?

Post by dws1117 »

gigag04 wrote:
DragonKat wrote: I am still looking for the "perfect" carry pistol. I
Everyone knows the perfect carry pistol is a kimber ultra series.

:lol:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Is there no end to the constant reminders? I feel so dirty. :cryin

I don't believe that there is a perfect carry gun. What is "perfect" for one will be a nightmare POJ for another.

GrannyGlock

Post by GrannyGlock »

OK, now my interest is piqued. There is almost $300 difference between the 3913 and 908 models. What is the difference other than finish and the rear site? Be gentle with me, I am a novice at this.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

They that know the difference will be gentle. You have nothing to fear here. Everyone on this forum gets excited when someone learns something, not when someone shows how much they know.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

As far as how they shoot, there is no perceivable difference between the 3913 and the 908.
Cosmetics and price are the biggest difference. Sights are steel on the 3913 and plastic on the 908.
The edges of the 3913 are rounded off better and the 3913 has an ambi safety I believe (optional?) and the 908 safety is RH only. The 908 recoil spring guide is plastic and the 3913's is metal.

I had a 908 for a long time and never had 1 single malfunction or stoppage of any kind. Mine was very accurate and totally reliable.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

See Granny, I told you. ;-)
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Some really god bargains can be had used on the 3913 if you just look around a little. I got mine for $300 with two spare mags still in the original box it hadn't been fired more than 200-300 rounds.

Here's some links to compare the 3913LS and the 908

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... sFirearm=Y

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... sFirearm=Y
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

JLaw

Post by JLaw »

Single stack Smith 9mm's, here we go...

My "congradulations" purchase when I got my CHL was a Smith & Wesson 908 9mm. It has seen a great many rounds at the range, and many, many miles in the holster. I have purchased half a dozen or so pistols and revolvers since then (in search of the "perfect" carry gun), however I keep coming back to the 908 (even though I'm a revolver guy at heart (crazy, huh??)). Think of the 908 as the platform for the 3913, it's somewhat the same pistol but without the extra's... like ambi-decocker, less TLC on finish, checkering, etc. It's a fine bargain that has kept me and mine safe while out and about. I can't give Smith's auto's any higher praise than to say they are what I carry. You cannot go wrong.

As far as the 3913LS, don't have one yet. It is on my wifes list of wants, so I see one coming in the next 6 months or so.

JLaw

XD_Dan

Post by XD_Dan »

Kelly, my better half, has a 908. It is a great, little single-stack 9mm. Between the two of us we have put several thousand rounds through it without a single malfunction. It was her daily carry pistol until I got her the SA 1911 Champion that she had been drooling over. I replaced, at her request, the plastic grips with some sticky Hogue replacements. I have to admit that I too liked the difference in feel of the Hogues. Field stripping the 908 is very similar to a 1911, and takes a little getting accustomed to....for the novice.

All-in-all, it's an inexpensive, ultra-reliable, lightweight carry pistol.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I am one of the few people you will ever meet that has actually won one of those online sweepstakes. I won a 3913LS, and promply discovered that it didn't fit my hands very well, so I gave it to my wife.

My wife had been talking about shooting IDPA some time, with me, and I eventually tricked her out with holster, spare mags, and everything, at which point she decided that she wasn't going to shoot IDPA after all.

A while later I had decided to buy myself a 9mm and knowing that the 3913 didn't suit my needs I did some shopping around. One day while I was perusing some guns on line, my bride came in and told me that I should take back her gun, as she was not going to use it, and get myself one that fit me.

I did so, gratefully, and wound up with an XD9, which I like and it fits my hands and stuff, and it takes 17 round mags too.

Last year my wife and I went through our CHL requalification and I talked her into trying out the XD9 instead of her beloved PPKS. She tried it out when we went to practice, and enthusiastically decided that she would use it for the requal.

She fired a perfect score and then decided that now the XD9 is hers, so I am back in the market for a plastic gun.

I liked the 3913, it just didn't fit my paws real well, it hurt my hand to shoot it.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “Ladies”