Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 28
Posts: 25760
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#841

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:41 pm

tomneal wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:44 pm
World Wide Deaths

I am proud of myself because of the many SNARKY Comments I wrote then deleted, before sending.

Back to lurking...
There is some importance to the US WRT the worldwide numbers, and also the numbers in specific countries.

One of the reasons the foreign and global numbers are important is that they have some predictive values for us. For instance, China just acknowledged earlier today (https://news.trust.org/item/20200404235657-jkjit) that they are experiencing a resurgence of new cases, after having previously claimed that they had beaten the pandemic in their country. Does that mean that WE may see a resurgence in numbers of cases after a respite? Either way, it’s a question worth investigating, just to be safe.

Another reason foreign numbers are important is that pandemics can be precursors for economic collapse, civil unrest, revolutions, and other catastrophic political changes around the world. And as much as we’d like to think that we are immune from the effects of these things, in a global economy, we aren’t. In fact, IF the pandemic's impact in our own country were bad enough, those things could happen here.....although I am hopeful that they would not.

Anyway, my point is that, on some levels, the COVID-19 statistics abroad may well have some kind of significance here at home.

Just a thought...
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 366
Posts: 12127
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#842

Post by philip964 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:18 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... ave-nepal/

No good news here. Tiger in zoo tests positive.

Worst. It may never die down enough globally that it will be seasonal until they get a vaccine or we get herd immunity. So 40% of us have to get it and survive, before the herd is safe.

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 2634
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#843

Post by Flightmare » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:23 pm

philip964 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:18 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... ave-nepal/

No good news here. Tiger in zoo tests positive.

Worst. It may never die down enough globally that it will be seasonal until they get a vaccine or we get herd immunity. So 40% of us have to get it and survive, before the herd is safe.
They had enough spare tests that they were able to test a tiger?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 150
Posts: 9372
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#844

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:24 pm

mojo84 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:25 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:33 pm
Image
Where did you get this chart? I've been looking for something similar.
LOL... twitter. I did look up all the numbers and they were accurate as of the 3rd.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 150
Posts: 9372
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#845

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:26 pm

Flightmare wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:23 pm
philip964 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:18 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... ave-nepal/

No good news here. Tiger in zoo tests positive.

Worst. It may never die down enough globally that it will be seasonal until they get a vaccine or we get herd immunity. So 40% of us have to get it and survive, before the herd is safe.
They had enough spare tests that they were able to test a tiger?
How do you like that crappola? They have enough tests that celebrities get tested also. Seems some are more equal than others.

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 10516
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#846

Post by carlson1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:10 pm

Image


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#847

Post by K.Mooneyham » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:24 am

carlson1 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:10 pm
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/george- ... FHoe5L_tgo
Obama dropped the ball.
Didn't know any of that. Always something new to learn. Not surprised the O regime dropped the ball, though. They seemed to specialize in that.

User avatar

Excaliber
Moderator
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 5862
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 pm
Location: DFW Metro

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#848

Post by Excaliber » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:21 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:41 pm
tomneal wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:44 pm
World Wide Deaths

I am proud of myself because of the many SNARKY Comments I wrote then deleted, before sending.

Back to lurking...
There is some importance to the US WRT the worldwide numbers, and also the numbers in specific countries.

One of the reasons the foreign and global numbers are important is that they have some predictive values for us. For instance, China just acknowledged earlier today (https://news.trust.org/item/20200404235657-jkjit) that they are experiencing a resurgence of new cases, after having previously claimed that they had beaten the pandemic in their country. Does that mean that WE may see a resurgence in numbers of cases after a respite? Either way, it’s a question worth investigating, just to be safe.

Another reason foreign numbers are important is that pandemics can be precursors for economic collapse, civil unrest, revolutions, and other catastrophic political changes around the world. And as much as we’d like to think that we are immune from the effects of these things, in a global economy, we aren’t. In fact, IF the pandemic's impact in our own country were bad enough, those things could happen here.....although I am hopeful that they would not.

Anyway, my point is that, on some levels, the COVID-19 statistics abroad may well have some kind of significance here at home.

Just a thought...
It's always less painful to learn from the experience of others than it is to learn from one's own experience, keeping in mind that experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 3190
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#849

Post by Paladin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:30 am

Looks like the heroes out working in the current COVID-19 pandemic are getting sick at a very high rate:

Law and order fears for NYC as nearly 10,000 NYPD and FDNY members call out sick amid a rise in burglaries

Good time to be an LTC. Too bad NYC is so restrictive on issuing permits.
JOIN NRA TODAY!
NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life Member, VCDL Member
NRA Certified Instructor, RSO
Paladin Training

User avatar

Lena
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:51 pm
Location: Cash Texas

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#850

Post by Lena » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:03 am

news here showed a minus of 97 today
Stay Safe


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 366
Posts: 12127
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#851

Post by philip964 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:13 am

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:24 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:25 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:33 pm
Image
Where did you get this chart? I've been looking for something similar.
LOL... twitter. I did look up all the numbers and they were accurate as of the 3rd.
One world wide number missing.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/29/worldwi ... -high.html


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 366
Posts: 12127
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19) from China: Its going to be bad.

#852

Post by philip964 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:23 pm

MARCH
March 22, 2020- 318,662 world, 13,672 dead. 27,004 infected US,
347 dead. 53,578 Italy, 4,825 dead. 81,397 China. Texas has 557 with 5 deaths. Houston at 154.

March 23, 2020- 354,677 cases worldwide with 15430 dead. 35,345 infected US, 473 dead. 59,138 Italy with 5,476 dead. 81,496 China. Texas has 674 with 8 deaths. Houston 166 with 2 deaths.

March 24, 2020 am- 396,249 cases worldwide with 17,252 dead. 46,805 infected US, 593 dead. 63,927 Italy with 6,077 dead. 81,591 China (is anyone believing this). Texas has 807 with 9 deaths. Houston 199 with 2 Deaths.

March 25, 2020 pm- 468,523 cases worldwide with 21,192 dead. 66,132 infected US, 947 dead. 74,386 Italy with 7,503 dead. 81,667 China (is anyone believing this). New York state has 33,006 with 366 deaths. Louisiana has 1,795 with 65 deaths. Texas has 1,289 with 16 deaths. Houston 371 with 2 deaths.

March 26, 2020 am. 492,603 cases worldwide with 22,184 dead. 69,210 infected US, 1,046 dead. 74,386 Italy with 7,503 dead. 81,782 China (is anyone believing this). New York state has 33,006 with 366 deaths. Louisiana has 1,795 with 65 deaths. Texas has 1,353 with 17 deaths. Houston 372 with 2 deaths.

March 27, 2020 am. 553,244 cases worldwide with 25,935 dead. 86,012 infected US, 1,301 dead. 80,589 Italy with 8,215 dead. 81,897 China (is anyone believing this). New York state has 39,140 with 461 deaths. Louisiana has 2,304 with 83 deaths. Texas has 1,353 with 17 deaths. Houston 461 with 3 deaths.

March 28, 2020 12:48 pm. 640,589 cases worldwide with 29,848 dead. 112,458 infected US, 1,841 dead. 92,472 Italy with10,023 dead. 81,999 China (is anyone believing this). New York state has 52,318 with 728 deaths. Louisiana has 2,746 with 119 deaths. Texas has 2,026 with 26 deaths. Houston 543 with 4 deaths.

March 29, 2020 10:48 am. 684,652 cases worldwide with 32,113 dead. 124,763 infected US, 2,187 dead. 92,472 Italy with (no data) dead. 82,120 China (is anyone believing this). New York state has 53,520 with 834 deaths. Louisiana has 3,315 with 137 deaths. Texas has 2,535 with 34 deaths. Houston 810 with 6 deaths.

March 30, 2020 10:01 am. 741,030 cases worldwide with 35,114 dead. 143,532 infected US, 2,572 dead 4,865 recovered. 97,689 Italy with 10,779 dead. 82,198 China (is anyone believing this). New York state has 60,679 with 1,026 deaths. Louisiana has 3,540 with 151deaths. Texas has 2,306 with 34 deaths. Houston 929 with 8 deaths.

March 31, 2020 9:05 am. 803,313 cases worldwide with 39,014 dead. 164,719 infected US, 3,170 dead 5,945 recovered. 101,739 Italy with 11,591 dead. 94,417 Spain with 8,189 dead. China 82,276 (is anyone believing this). New York state has 67,384 with 1,342 deaths. New Jersey has 16,636 with 198 deaths. Louisiana has 4,025 with 185 deaths. Texas has 3,339 with 48 deaths. Houston 1,054 with 11 deaths.

APRIL
April 1, 2020 10:58 am. 885,687 cases worldwide with 44,216 dead. 185,477 recovered. USA 190,089 infected, 4,102 dead 7,141 recovered. 105,792 Italy with 12,428 dead. 102,136 Spain with 9,053 dead. China 82,361 (is anyone believing this). New York state has 76,049 with 1,714 deaths. New Jersey has 18,997 with 267 deaths. Louisiana has 5,237 with 239 deaths. Texas has 3,925 with 58 deaths. Houston 1,267 with 13 deaths.

April 2, 2020 12:41 am. 981,221 cases worldwide with 50,230 dead. 204,605 recovered. USA 226,374 infected, 5,316 dead 8,826 recovered. 115,242 Italy with 13,915 dead. 110,238 Spain with 10,003 dead. China 82,432 (is anyone believing this). New York state has 92,381 with 2,373 deaths. New Jersey has 22,255 with 355 deaths. Louisiana has 6,424 with 273 deaths. Texas has 4,612 with 68 deaths. Houston 1,540 with 16 deaths.

April 3, 2020 11:50 am. 1,056777 cases worldwide with 55,781 dead. 221,595 recovered. USA 257,773 infected, 6,586 dead 9,311 recovered. 115,242 Italy with 13,915 dead. 117,710 Spain with 10,935 dead. China 82,509 (is anyone believing this). New York state has102,863 with 2,935 deaths. New Jersey has 25,590 with 537 deaths. Louisiana has 9,159 with 310 deaths. Texas has 5,254 with 86 deaths. Houston 1,729 with 23 deaths.

April 4, 2020 11:32 am. 1,141,180 cases worldwide with 60,960 dead. 235,775 recovered. USA 278,942 infected, 7,174 dead 9,920 recovered. 119,827 Italy with 14,681 dead. 124,736 Spain with 11,744 dead. China 82,543 with 3,330 dead (is anyone believing this). New York state has 103,172 with 2,935 deaths. New Jersey has 29,895 with 646 deaths. Louisiana has 10,297 with 370 deaths. Texas has 6,059 with 104 deaths. Houston 2,029 with 26 deaths.

April 5, 2020 12:46 pm. 1,249,107 cases worldwide with 67,999 dead. 256,059 recovered. USA 324,052 infected, 9,132 dead 16,789 recovered. 128,948 Italy with 15,362 dead. 130,759 Spain with 12,418 dead. China 82,602 with 3,333 dead (is anyone believing this). New York state has 122,056 with 4,159 deaths. New Jersey has 34,124 with 864 deaths. Louisiana has 12,496 with 409 deaths. Texas has 6,872 with 123 deaths. Houston 2,281 with 35 deaths.

April 6, 2020 11:56 pm. 1,292,564 cases worldwide with 70,798 dead. 271,013 recovered. USA 338,995 infected, 9,683 dead 17,727 recovered. 128,948 Italy with 15,887 dead. 135,032 Spain with 13,169 dead. China 82,665 with 3,335 dead (is anyone believing this). New York state has 123,160 with 4,159 deaths. New Jersey has 37,505 with 917 deaths. Louisiana has 13,010 with 477 deaths. Texas has 7,295 with 140 deaths. Houston 2,2434 with 41 deaths. For detailed information on Texas see https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/ops ... b9cafc8b83 For worldwide information on Covid-19 https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

Coronavirus in Houston has not passes murders.

The new US cases have been hovering around 25,000 a day. But yesterday it was only 14,000. Could just be an error or an anomaly. Or it could be the beginning of turning the curve as we are close to at least two weeks of shut down.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2020 ... -covid-19/

Carrollton North of Dallas has a 18 year old woman who tested positive who is not self quarantining per her social media. There is always one person.

User avatar

Rafe
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 60
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Htown

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19) from China: Its going to be bad.

#853

Post by Rafe » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:49 pm

philip964 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:23 pm
Carrollton North of Dallas has a 18 year old woman who tested positive who is not self quarantining per her social media. There is always one person.
Police in Carrollton actually have her (Lorraine Maradiaga) on BOLO because she posted on social media that she had COVID-19 and was actively and willfully spreading it. CTPD has said she will be charged with making a terroristic threat, and I presume then let the DA sort out the particulars under TPC 22.07.

https://abc13.com/18-year-old-claims-sh ... t/6080941/
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 150
Posts: 9372
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19) from China: Its going to be bad.

#854

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:08 pm

Rafe wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:49 pm
philip964 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:23 pm
Carrollton North of Dallas has a 18 year old woman who tested positive who is not self quarantining per her social media. There is always one person.
Police in Carrollton actually have her (Lorraine Maradiaga) on BOLO because she posted on social media that she had COVID-19 and was actively and willfully spreading it. CTPD has said she will be charged with making a terroristic threat, and I presume then let the DA sort out the particulars under TPC 22.07.

https://abc13.com/18-year-old-claims-sh ... t/6080941/
Anyone have a picture of her? I couldn't get that link to work but would like to know what she looks like.

User avatar

rtschl
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 930
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:50 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#855

Post by rtschl » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:18 pm

Ron
NRA Member

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”